TwEECer won't fit on '97 Cobra LLX4 processor

This is the place for questions about things electrical and mechnanical...or any other automotive-related hardware issue.

Moderators: cgrey8, EDS50, Jon 94GT, 2Shaker

TwEECer won't fit on '97 Cobra LLX4 processor

Postby twinturbostang » Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:59 am

Decided to pull the processor out of the Cobra yesterday and hook up the TwEECer so I could download the BIN and start messing with it. Well.... the TwEECer won't even fit on the processor! It appears that the connector is too short on the TwEECer. The J3 port is recessed pretty far into the case. It worked fine on my A3M. I know the processors were switched to a cast casing material. But I searched and couldn't find any major fitment issues. Any suggestions?

Also, I did a search for "LLX4" and only came up with 4 posts. Is this a rare processor? Is there another BIN that would work better for me, like CDAN4 or something? I've heard that one mentioned a lot more.

Thanks,
Brian
www.twinturbostang.com

'97 Cobra - VT billet stroker shortblock, LLX4, TwEECer RT v1.30A9
'91 coupe - Incon Twin Turbo (gone, but not forgotten)
twinturbostang
Tuning Addict

Postby twinturbostang » Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:00 am

BTW, here's a picture of the TwEECer pushed as far as it will go onto the J3 port:

www.twinturbostang.com

twinturbostang
Tuning Addict

Postby Dale McPeters » Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:50 am

Brian,

Mike had to change the J3 connector on the TwEECer to work with the older A9* & Later EEC's. Looks like you have the older style that was to short for the later model EEC-V's. The one that I had worked fine on the later model EEC-V's but was to long for the EEC-IV's and needed a spacer between the TwEECer & EEC case.

I would email Mike G. directly and see if he can fix you up with the correct J3 connection on the TwEECer.....

Thanks,
Dale McPeters
Dale McPeters
Professional Tuner/Shop Owner

Postby twinturbostang » Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:54 am

Thanks Dale. Yeah, I think I remember people having to do a spacer on some of the EEC's to get it to stay secure. But for some reason I thought that was on the EECV's. Guess not. I have one of the very first TwEECer RT models ever made (number 3 or 4 I think). So yes, I'm sure it's the older design then. I'll e-mail Mike. I'm sure he'll be able to fix me up.

Another question I had, which I think I'm going to post in the tuning section also... What strategy do you use for the '97 Cobra LLX4 processor? I was able to read my processor (although I had to take it out of the case in order to do so), and I used the CDAN4 strategy w/ reading 2 banks. But there's a lot of scalars that look wrong. Like engine displacement of 1502.89. :) Is there another compatible BIN with the LLX4 that I should use instead?
www.twinturbostang.com

twinturbostang
Tuning Addict

Postby Sendero » Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:26 pm

Another question I had, which I think I'm going to post in the tuning section also... What strategy do you use for the '97 Cobra LLX4 processor? I was able to read my processor (although I had to take it out of the case in order to do so), and I used the CDAN4 strategy w/ reading 2 banks. But there's a lot of scalars that look wrong. Like engine displacement of 1502.89. :) Is there another compatible BIN with the LLX4 that I should use instead?

Ford says that CDAN4 works for the LLX3 and LLX4 Processors. Other strategy's you might try are CCA0, AOL1, AOL2, and AOL3 which are all for th 4v 4.6 motors. You might try comparing the LLX3 and LLX4 bins to see what might be different if you get a close enough strategy.

Not too sure but I do think the LLX4 Processor was a 97 only item.
1996 Cobra [ LLX3 / CDAN4 ]
Tweecer R/T 1.30Ax

Engine: Stock
MAF: C&L 80mm with "Blue Tube"; C&L Inlet Pipe; K&N RU-2520 Air Filter
Exhaust: Dr. Gas X-pipe
Sendero
Regular

Postby twinturbostang » Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:45 pm

Thanks.

Hmm, well I used the CDAN4 strategy when reading the EEC. Don't know if that switch makes a difference when reading. It definitely makes a difference when looking at the data values though. I can read the EEC, and then switch between strategies and all the scalars, functions, etc. change. And like I said before... a lot of the stuff looks wrong. Like engine displacement of 1502.89.
www.twinturbostang.com

twinturbostang
Tuning Addict

Postby Dale McPeters » Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:39 am

twinturbostang wrote:Thanks.

Hmm, well I used the CDAN4 strategy when reading the EEC. Don't know if that switch makes a difference when reading. It definitely makes a difference when looking at the data values though. I can read the EEC, and then switch between strategies and all the scalars, functions, etc. change. And like I said before... a lot of the stuff looks wrong. Like engine displacement of 1502.89.

Brian,

Sorry it took so long to reply, been out of town.....

I would email Mike G. as he was working on the data files for the different processor strategies. He would be the only one that I know of that can answer your question.

Dale
Dale McPeters
Professional Tuner/Shop Owner

Postby twinturbostang » Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:08 pm

I've been in contact w/ Mike. Trying to figure out the best course of action at this point. Either put a new J3 connector on the tweecer, or modify the EEC case to allow it to fit. :? I also just asked him about the strategies. Waiting for his reply on that.
www.twinturbostang.com

twinturbostang
Tuning Addict

Return to Hardware Discussions