A9M processor

Anything about Ford EEC tuning. TwEECer and Moates questions dominate, but there's some SCT and OBD-II knowledge too.

Moderators: cgrey8, EDS50, Jon 94GT, 2Shaker

A9M processor

Postby 86GT » Sat Feb 22, 2003 10:52 pm

I have installed the Tweecer on an A9M and tried to read the EEC. I get data back, but I don't think it is correct data. The Tweecer recognizes the ECC as an A9M with a strategy of GUFB. For example, the parameters recieved back from the EEC for the speed limiters are all set to "0" and CID is 1.125. I have been able to use the A9L binary with one mod done to the idle, and this seems to work. I would like to be able to retrieve the ECC binary. Is there any solutions.

86GT
BE/EA Developer

Postby 93notch » Sun Feb 23, 2003 12:10 am

Clint,

After reading the EEC, select A9L from the pick list above the Read EEC button and everything should line up. There seems to be a difference in some of the A9M's....I have two binaries from A9M's and they are very different in where the data is located. In fact, after you read your EEC, immediately save it (write changes) and email me a copy to compare to what I have already.

You will have to select the A9L (even if it is already displayed) option from the pick list, everytime you load the binary. I will fix it up for the next release of CalEdit so it will recognize it properly.
Best regards,

Mike Glover

Slower Traffic Keep Right, LLC
19911 Telegraph Square Ln, Katy, TX 77449
(281)579-0102 | info@tweecer.com
93notch
Tuning Addict

Postby 86GT » Sun Feb 23, 2003 1:18 am

Thanks for the quick response. I have sent you the A9M.ccf file via E-mail.
86GT
BE/EA Developer

Postby 86GT » Sun Feb 23, 2003 4:37 pm

Mike

I have done what you said in the previous, and it seems to work for viewing purposes only. After doing the above and making a simple idle change, and saving the file, the download failed giving an an error message "Open: Table file not found".

I then tried to download the A9M.CCF that I had just pulled out of the EEC without selecting the A9L and it downloaded just fine. I was suspecting that the car would not start due to the addresses not being mapped correctly. I was correct the car would not start.

Using a modified base A9L binary seems to work, but I would like to use the A9M at some point.

86GT
BE/EA Developer

Is this still a problem

Postby dmax5o » Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:05 pm

After getting a Tweecer two Xmas's ago I finally got it out of the box and installed it today. Bear with me as I am trying to get up to speed.

Is this still a problem? When I select A9M as my strategy all the numbers are crazy...including the 1.1 displacement 6600 idle etc. I read the EEC and then wrote to the tweecer and all seemed well but it was with A9L selected. I then loaded a file to position 1 (the dot) that changed my displacement to 377, injectors to 30 & 36, and loaded the 80mm C&L file for the MAF. I changed idle rpm to 1000 for a minute to make sure the load worked and it did. Again this was all with A9L selected for the strategy.

So, my question is do I have to do everything with A9L selected?
377stroker, XE282, AFR 185s, 80mm C&L, 75mm TB, 30# injectors, BBK short tubes
dmax5o
Gear Head

Postby 86GT » Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:52 pm

You did the best thing you could have.

Simply upload from the EEC and then make the edits as desired, then download it to a desired position. You must have an A9L if it looks right. Why are you trying the A9M?
86GT
BE/EA Developer

Return to Tuning the EEC....