Lots of questions. I will try to answer what i can.
In short EEC Analyzer is a tool that can perform a lot of different calculations. These calculation results can help you in better decide what changes can or should be made to your vehicle configuration. Most all, but not all, of the calculations are based off of some sort of datalog. EEC Analyzer needs inputs to these calculations in order to get results. To some it up EA will analyze you datalogs and suggest thing for you to change. EA can also play back your logs,
to answer the questions
1) Yes you need a log file. Look in the help files to determine which calculations need what parameters logged.
2) Depends on what you logged and 3 min is not much data. The more data the better.
3) There are a few scattered like the ones on the settings tab for converting flow numbers.
4) The WB editor was used on some of the tweecer hardware predefined WB transfer functions. You should update your signature so we can see what combination you have.
5) They only need one curve. The second curve is for you to compare against. The second is not required.
6) Select what you want right click and copy and then in BE right click and paste.
All help files are embedded into the app. There are help buttons in all kinds of different locations. You can go to the EA folder and then to help and read all of the help files if you would like
Thanks for the reply, I have been out of town so I have not had much time to play but I am back now :)
I think your reply helped me understand some but what I am still puzzled by the WB editor-what info do you need about my combination. I updated my sig slightly. I have datalogged with the BE and calcon and have not seen any dbf file created.