This is the place for questions about things electrical and mechnanical...or any other automotive-related hardware issue.

Moderators: cgrey8, EDS50, Jon 94GT, 2Shaker

Jon E
Gear Head

Tweecer being a royal PITA

Post by Jon E » Fri May 20, 2005 10:24 pm

I just put my Tweecer on my new laptop that I have for work and Im having a lot of problems with it now.

I can read or write to the Tweecer only once before it locks up, after that it says "Unable to open Tweecer" and I have to close out CalEdit and wait 5 minuets before it will work again. And even then it will only work once.

CalCon will not work at all no matter what I do and now its also starting to lock up the computer but I doubt that its a virus since this computer has never even been connected to the internet.

I am using the old version (1.20B I think?) I would go and check, but its locked up right now. What should I do here?
A9L
89 GT
100% stock W/ 3.73's

Jon E
Gear Head

Post by Jon E » Thu May 26, 2005 2:44 pm

TTT

Anyone want dibbs on this thing before it goes on Ebay?
A9L
89 GT
100% stock W/ 3.73's

Cougar5.0
BIN Hacker

Re: Tweecer being a royal PITA

Post by Cougar5.0 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:25 pm

Jon E wrote:I just put my Tweecer on my new laptop that I have for work and Im having a lot of problems with it now.

I can read or write to the Tweecer only once before it locks up, after that it says "Unable to open Tweecer" and I have to close out CalEdit and wait 5 minuets before it will work again. And even then it will only work once.

CalCon will not work at all no matter what I do and now its also starting to lock up the computer but I doubt that its a virus since this computer has never even been connected to the internet.

I am using the old version (1.20B I think?) I would go and check, but its locked up right now. What should I do here?
I'm having the same sort of issue. It will work with my new 1.6 gig P4 work laptop running win2k, but it won't work with a perfectly good 650MHz PIII latop running win98 and has almost the identical problems you are seeing - I'm using the 1.30A9 alpha version btw - doesn't seem to matter just the no connect error message is different - it still locks up regularly and Calcon will NEVER work on the old PC?

Cougar5.0
BIN Hacker

Damn this rinky-ding crap!!

Post by Cougar5.0 » Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:20 am

Now I can't get my damned computer back into the frigging compartment. You can't friggin' put the computer in and then the connector (very easily) because the damned tweecer is so big the computer won't fit back into the plastic "box" in there. I was able to pull it out with the connector attached but now it's hitting something on the way back in - I'll friggin' lucky if I even have a damned computer left after all this bull-crap. I'm REALLY PISSED OFF right now! Why is the damned tweecer "project box" so damned BIG! Geez, it didn't have to be so big - well, except that it's a generic project box that was machined for the application :roll: My computer and cables better still work after this crazy experience...
428w now

Cougar5.0
BIN Hacker

OK, it's working now

Post by Cougar5.0 » Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:58 pm

Yeah, it's working now - was a bear. I didn't know you couldn't talk to the Tweecer when the key is off if it is connected to the J3 port - as long as the key is on and the stupid "UPDATE" check box if off, it seems to work. The slower laptop still has issues updating the screen - gonna see if I can give the program a higher priority of something - has anybody done anything like this before.
428w now