Can I not have both? QH and TWEECER on BE

Errors, Crashes, and Bugs, Oh My! This is where issues specific to tuning software goes. General questions about software features & capabilities are also welcome here.

Moderators: cgrey8, EDS50, Jon 94GT, 2Shaker

86VickyLX
Gear Head

Can I not have both? QH and TWEECER on BE

Post by 86VickyLX » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:47 pm

Hey all. I was mailed a twEECer today in order to help someone out with tuning their Lightning 351w in their 85 Crown Vic. I've only used the quarterhorse for tuning in the past. I followed the driver install for the TwEECer on the BE help page and the drivers are installed successfully. However, while looking at the Hardware page of Binary editor, the only 3 things that come up are MOATES, SuperLogger, and Innovate. The computer recognizes the TwEECer when I connect and disconnect it. And it shows up in the device manager. But BE doesn't show it in the list of hardware. I'm figuring that I would have to purchase an additional license to allow the twEECer to show up? If that's the case, how much is the additional license, and would it be able to be added to my dongle? Or would I be better off convincing him to get a quarterhorse just because the software was more or less designed for the QH?
"Vicky"
1986 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX
Driveline
Engine
1997 Ford Explorer 5.0 (Bored 0.020" over) GT40P heads, Extrahoned Cobra Intakes, 70mm throttle body, Comp Cams XE270HR, 1.7 Roller Rockers, 60lb injectors, 2004 Crown Vic P71 Airbox, MAF & Ziptube, Custom Exhaust
Controlled by A4A1 with Quarterhorse
Transmission
Rebuilt 4R70w with J Mod
Rear
3.55:1 Limited Slip with rear disc brakes
Big front brakes and ABS retrofit

cgrey8
Administrator

Re: Can I not have both? QH and TWEECER on BE

Post by cgrey8 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:40 pm

I have BE and the ability to use both a QH and TwEECer. However my license includes both Hardware options. You do have to pay for them separately.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331 w/GT40p heads, ported Explorer lower, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, 1.6RRs, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, Slot Style MAF, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, Innovate LC-1, GUFB, Moates QuarterHorse tuned using BE&EA

Member V8-Ranger.com

skunk
Tuning Addict

Post by skunk » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:25 am

You can build the .bin file in BE then use the Tweecer software to write and datalog. Tweecer software will open bin files. Some of your BE edits may display differently due to a conversion formula but the actual code should not change.

You could have just built the bin and sent it to the guy then have him send you logs to look at.

John
1987 Turbocoupe.
A3M1/A9L, BE/EA, Tweecer RT.
306,Single Turbo, Ported E7's, Ported Stock Intake, 42lb Matched Green Tops, PMAS 3" Blow-Thru Protube (42# supercharger calibrated),T5z, 3.73 gears
..... Nothin Fancy.......Just something to keep me from the honey-do list.........

86VickyLX
Gear Head

Post by 86VickyLX » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:59 pm

I'm going to be finishing the car for him. This car hasn't run art all. I came into this project late. Someone else was supposed to do it. But now I have to finish the whole thing. Wire up the eec harness, install the interior and exhaust.
"Vicky"
1986 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX
Driveline
Engine
1997 Ford Explorer 5.0 (Bored 0.020" over) GT40P heads, Extrahoned Cobra Intakes, 70mm throttle body, Comp Cams XE270HR, 1.7 Roller Rockers, 60lb injectors, 2004 Crown Vic P71 Airbox, MAF & Ziptube, Custom Exhaust
Controlled by A4A1 with Quarterhorse
Transmission
Rebuilt 4R70w with J Mod
Rear
3.55:1 Limited Slip with rear disc brakes
Big front brakes and ABS retrofit

skunk
Tuning Addict

Post by skunk » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:47 pm

Lol...ya I've found myself in that situation before.

Good luck
John
1987 Turbocoupe.
A3M1/A9L, BE/EA, Tweecer RT.
306,Single Turbo, Ported E7's, Ported Stock Intake, 42lb Matched Green Tops, PMAS 3" Blow-Thru Protube (42# supercharger calibrated),T5z, 3.73 gears
..... Nothin Fancy.......Just something to keep me from the honey-do list.........