CalEdit and A9P with GUFC strategy

Errors, Crashes, and Bugs, Oh My! This is where issues specific to tuning software goes. General questions about software features & capabilities are also welcome here.

Moderators: cgrey8, EDS50, Jon 94GT, 2Shaker

Mustang66
Gear Head

CalEdit and A9P with GUFC strategy

Post by Mustang66 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:29 am

Hi!
Im new to the tuning thing and have finaly installed a TwEECer RT om my 89' 5.0L Mustang engine with an A9P ECU. The connecting part and the read-/write functions went well, so I think everyting is ok with software, drivers etc.
My questions is: With an ECU I shuld use the strategy: GUFC if Im not wrong?
When I try to start CalCon with the GUFC strategy there is no variabels to select from in the list, there seems to be no information i the strategy file.
If I eg. choice GUFB strategy for an A9L ECU, there is a lot of variabels to chose from.
I see many treads about GUF1 is the new GUFC, but GUF1 is not an available option in my CalEdit software.
What do I wrong?
1966 HT - 5.0 EFI GT 40 Cobra

cgrey8
Administrator

Re: CalEdit and A9P with GUFC strategy

Post by cgrey8 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:45 am

Mustang66 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:29 am
...I see many treads about GUF1 is the new GUFC, but GUF1 is not an available option in my CalEdit software.
What do I wrong?
What's wrong is you are using CalEdit.

If you are using a TwEECer, you should seriously consider moving up to BinaryEditor. It's capable of completely replacing CalEdit and CalCon for tuning and datalogging. It may cost you some money to get registered to work with a TwEECer, but it's support of the GUFx strategies is better than CalEdit.

If you insist on using CalEdit, then the next-best thing is to at least use TunerPro to edit your tunes and only use CalEdit to write those tunes to the TwEECer. Unfortunately, this means you are still forced to use CalCon to datalog (assuming you have a TwEECer RT). And CalCon has its own issues, the most major for the GUFx strats being it's conversions of some critical values just aren't right. The main one I remember is the Injector PWs. They are close enough to be believable, but when using EEC Analyzer to calculate your slopes, the error is enough to throw off EEC Analyzer's recommendations. Garbage In, Garbage Out. It took Clint and I years to figure this out and sailorbob is the one that helped us to get the GUFx definitions for BinaryEditor correct.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331 w/GT40p heads, ported Explorer lower, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, 1.6RRs, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, Slot Style MAF, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, Innovate LC-1, GUFB, Moates QuarterHorse tuned using BE&EA

Member V8-Ranger.com

Mustang66
Gear Head

Re: CalEdit and A9P with GUFC strategy

Post by Mustang66 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:03 am

Thank you for detailed answer. Then Im going to order a BE lisence:-)
1966 HT - 5.0 EFI GT 40 Cobra