Errors, Crashes, and Bugs, Oh My! This is where issues specific to tuning software goes. General questions about software features & capabilities are also welcome here.

Moderators: cgrey8, EDS50, Jon 94GT, 2Shaker

David Claflin
Tuning Addict

EA isn't allowing MAF calculation for GUF log files

Post by David Claflin » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:41 pm

I can open a CBAZA data log and everything works, all other functions with EA work just fine. I get the error message in the attached screen grab. It worked last week with GUFB datalogs, used it a few times with a CBAZA datalog, then went back to GUFB and got this error, even with old datalogs. Double checked all my settings, and see nothing that has changed.
Attachments
EA error message.png
EA error message.png (289.22 KiB) Viewed 535 times
1990 LX/A9L/stock cobra shortblock, special cam :P , ported Holley SMII intake, ported explorer heads, accufab longtubes/ 4.88, Z-spec trans
1985 LTD LX, A9P, ported AFR165, ported Holley SMII intake, 1 3/4 longtubes, 4.10, 4R70W trans, mach 1 brakes.
1986 coupe, A3M, former FHP car, stock shortblock, ported TW heads, TFS-R intake, 1 3/4 longtubes, 3" exhaust, T5, 4.56

cgrey8
Administrator

Re: EA isn't allowing MAF calculation for GUF log files

Post by cgrey8 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:30 am

That's not a problem specific to GUFx. There's blanks in your datalog that need to be filtered. When EA loads a log, there's a series of filters that you can activate to find those bad lines in the log and clear them out. Both the TwEECer and QH will do this. It's not specific to strategy.

Once you filter the log, that message should go away. YEARS ago when I used EA far more than I do now, I asked that EA have a special filter specific for clearing Null or Blank cells from the log. I never pushed hard enough for it. But it can't be that hard of a thing to implement. Ask nicely and see what Clint can do for you. In the meantime, use the normal filters to identify and clear bogus entries. Focus the filters on MAF, MAFv, the HEGOs (or WB if you are using that), RPM, and Load. Put in both a min and max value that will be inclusive of the running conditions you know actually apply to your log(s).
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331 w/GT40p heads, ported Explorer lower, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, 1.6RRs, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, Slot Style MAF, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, Innovate LC-1, GUFB, Moates QuarterHorse tuned using BE&EA

Member V8-Ranger.com

David Claflin
Tuning Addict

Post by David Claflin » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:19 pm

Thanks, that makes sense. I tried the old trick of uninstalling and reinstalling it last night, it worked once, and now gets hung up on the loading user configuration window.
1990 LX/A9L/stock cobra shortblock, special cam :P , ported Holley SMII intake, ported explorer heads, accufab longtubes/ 4.88, Z-spec trans
1985 LTD LX, A9P, ported AFR165, ported Holley SMII intake, 1 3/4 longtubes, 4.10, 4R70W trans, mach 1 brakes.
1986 coupe, A3M, former FHP car, stock shortblock, ported TW heads, TFS-R intake, 1 3/4 longtubes, 3" exhaust, T5, 4.56

86GT
BE/EA Developer

Post by 86GT » Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:24 pm

Send me the log and i will take a look