Templates

BinaryEditor and EEC Analyzer are both packed with awesome features, but if you can think of another cool feature to aide in EEC Tuning or some improvement to an existing feature, cough it up here.

Moderators: cgrey8, EDS50, Jon 94GT, 2Shaker, 86GT

BrooseDaMoose
Gear Head

Templates

Post by BrooseDaMoose » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:50 am

Can anyone tell me where I can find a step by step for using templates in BE? I've looked in "Getting Started" but I can't even find the "Binary Group" displayed in the write up! Thanks in advance!
2003 RANGER FX4 OFF-ROAD, 4.0L, CAI, Phenolic Spacer, Headers, Screamin' Demon coil, JBA Wires, XAR1 (PYBD2), QuarterHorse and Binary Editor -Died from major internal damage (broken timing chain, etc., etc)
To be resurected with a completly rebuilt 302 and trans., F150 T/C, rear disc brakes, frame job, suspension/lift and new paint

EDS50
Administrator

Re: Templates

Post by EDS50 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:41 am

There used to be a few idle, spark and injector related templates out there years ago but I don't see them anymore. Are you looking for info to download and apply templates or creating them?
1992 LX - 25.1c Chassis, Vortech Blown Dart 332, Lentech Trans, Team Z Backhalf,A9L, Moates QH/SL v1.6, BE, EA

BrooseDaMoose
Gear Head

Re: Templates

Post by BrooseDaMoose » Sun May 14, 2017 7:58 am

What I was trying to do was pull up two tunes using to "Compare" feature; a stock PYBD2 and a modified PYFG0. I was going to just match the stock tunes parameter values to the modified one to create a new tune for my truck. But, because they are two different strategies, they told me it would not work because the parameter wouldn't line up correctly. They said I would have to create a template of the modified tune and use that. I've tried over and over to figure it out but haven't been able to! I guessing it's something very simple to do because I could not get the guys at Core Tuning to help me with it. Not sure why I can't figure it out. I wish there was a something in the "Help" section but there isn't! I even bought the book "The Ultimate Tuning Guide- For BE and Moates Products" but there is nothing in there either. So I want to learn how to create a template using one tune and then use it to set the parameters in another.
2003 RANGER FX4 OFF-ROAD, 4.0L, CAI, Phenolic Spacer, Headers, Screamin' Demon coil, JBA Wires, XAR1 (PYBD2), QuarterHorse and Binary Editor -Died from major internal damage (broken timing chain, etc., etc)
To be resurected with a completly rebuilt 302 and trans., F150 T/C, rear disc brakes, frame job, suspension/lift and new paint