BE Token Reset

BinaryEditor and EEC Analyzer are both packed with awesome features, but if you can think of another cool feature to aide in EEC Tuning or some improvement to an existing feature, cough it up here.

Moderators: cgrey8, EDS50, Jon 94GT, 2Shaker, 86GT

kylixrd
Gear Head

BE Token Reset

Post by kylixrd » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:19 am

Hello,

Is there a way to clear a BE token and associate it with another eec? I built a bench programmer so I can read and flash an eec outside the car. While testing it with the Quarterhorse, I wrote an image to it and it consumed a token. Since the test eec isn't the actual one on the car, I cleared the QH. Now I cannot push any more tunes to the QH even if I connect back to the test eec. I can see in the token log the test eec, but it is now dead. This system seems rather brittle and easy to inadvertently shoot oneself in the foot.

Thanks,
kylixrd

kylixrd
Gear Head

Re: BE Token Reset

Post by kylixrd » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:59 pm

Ok, got it taken care of. Things are now back up and running.

motorhead1991
Regular

Post by motorhead1991 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:05 pm

kylixrd wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:59 pm
Ok, got it taken care of. Things are now back up and running.
That's weird... I have a tokenized tune and some open source ones and have never run into that. I've cleared, read and rewrote the tunes a few times.
1990 Ford Ranger FLH2 conversion. Ford forged/dished pistons, Total Seal file-fit rings, Clevite rod and main bearings, Clevite cam bearings, IHI turbo, Siemens Deka 60lb/hr injectors, Ford slot MAF in custom 3" housing. Moates Quarterhorse with Binary Editor, using the PAAD6 database.

OpenEEC Telegram Chat:
Telegram

kylixrd
Gear Head

Post by kylixrd » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:51 am

I suspect the issue may have been that I never actually saved the original tune. I was only testing that BE could communicate to the EEC on the bench power-supply/programming harness I'd just built. It's all working now and can communicate with the devices I need to.