Adding min pulse width to GUFx strat

BinaryEditor and EEC Analyzer are both packed with awesome features, but if you can think of another cool feature to aide in EEC Tuning or some improvement to an existing feature, cough it up here.

Moderators: cgrey8, EDS50, Jon 94GT, 2Shaker, 86GT

tremec77
Tuning Addict

Adding min pulse width to GUFx strat

Post by tremec77 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:23 am

Is it possible to add a minimum pulse width to the GUFx strategy? I know some of the new strategies have this and it has helped people tune out light throttle bucking and such. Just curious how hard that would be to add to the older strategies.
86 GT, 347 stroker 10.5:1 compression, A9L, 30lb. injectors, ProM 80mm, Ported Trick Flow Twisted Wedge heads (190s), TFS "R" intake, FTI custom cam, 1 3/4 BBK LTs, 3" X-pipe, 3" Boral XS mufflers, 4:10 rear, Moates QH V1.6 (BE/EA), Dynojet Wideband Commander II

cgrey8
Administrator

Re: Adding min pulse width to GUFx strat

Post by cgrey8 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:07 am

I've never heard of people wanting this. I've always heard of people reducing it in the newer strats.

As for getting the same functionality, I guess you could do that using the Injector Offset function. It's a straight adder of Injector PW time to whatever is calculated using the fuel formulas. Make the lowest parts of that curve at or above your "minimum" and you effectively have the same thing.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331 w/GT40p heads, ported Explorer lower, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, 1.6RRs, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, Slot Style MAF, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, Innovate LC-1, GUFB, Moates QuarterHorse tuned using BE&EA

Member V8-Ranger.com

decipha

Post by decipha » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:38 pm

prob with that is its an adder so itll screw your fueling elsewhere

i usually set minpw to 0 anyway

if your fuel is dialed in the minpw is useless

cgrey8
Administrator

Post by cgrey8 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:28 pm

That's true. If you are relying on the min PW to actually solve a lean problem, there's probably other things that aren't configured right elsewhere in the tune.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331 w/GT40p heads, ported Explorer lower, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, 1.6RRs, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, Slot Style MAF, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, Innovate LC-1, GUFB, Moates QuarterHorse tuned using BE&EA

Member V8-Ranger.com

decipha

Post by decipha » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:44 pm

no doubt

not to mention clipping the pws at cruise would severly overfuel idle

86GT
BE/EA Developer

Post by 86GT » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:31 am

In GUFx you can use the Injector Offset vs Battery. You scale the entire curve up or down to the minimum you want and then adjust the MAF to compensate

Not the best way but it works

decipha

Post by decipha » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:51 am

i still dont understand why someone would want to do that

if u want to clip the min pw u can just set everything at the idle maf boltage on down to the same

for example

.9v 34
0v 34
0v 34

etc...

its useless and stupid and completely illogical to me but ok

86GT
BE/EA Developer

Post by 86GT » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:40 am

It is not illogical.

Why would ford have it in all new processors. The main reason is the MAFs are not that accurate in that low of a range. They tend to drift a lot below .6 volts. his was a known issue on the Bosch units. This would then cause havoc on the injectors. Also during decel the maf will go to minimum and sometimes car would stall.

It also worked the opposite. When putting in bigger injectors this would cause the car to run rich at idle and start surging.

decipha

Post by decipha » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:00 pm

thats why gufb has the minam minimum airmass clip

ive never seen nor heard of any vehicle ever dieing from decel due to maf zeroing out, and in fact that couldnt happen as the failed maf flag would get set and the default air comes into play

no matter how much air it calculates it will still have a greater pw than 0 which is the principle of dfso

also my supercoupes with 80lb injectors decel at .3 ms to keep a stoich burn and idle at 1.5 ms