Lambse Too Rich accross the board

Anything about Ford EEC tuning. TwEECer and Moates questions dominate, but there's some SCT and OBD-II knowledge too.

Moderators: cgrey8, EDS50, Jon 94GT, 2Shaker

Ccornwell
Gear Head

Lambse Too Rich accross the board

Post by Ccornwell » Mon May 14, 2018 6:25 pm

So over the winter i switched to a set of 60lb injectors for my supercharged mustang and switched to the T4M2 calibration with all of the changes that my previous tune had that worked with the older 19lb injectors. I adjusted the injector slopes to match the new injector sizes and with the car just sitting in the garage it seemed like the car was running rich. I also found out that my O2 sensor was bad through doing the brake cleaner test. After replacing that the wideband confirmed my thought that the car was running rich. After running a datalog i saw that my lambse is 8.7-9.3 at idle and similar at cruising. WOT is fine but cruising and idle are way too rich. After having the car idleing in the garage for a few minutes and driving it some i did notice only one time that the lambse did switch to 18 but only for a few seconds and switched back. What would make my Lambse so low? I know that the multipliers are what changes the lambse but which multipliers should i change to make the lambse come back into range?
Any help is greatly appreciated!

cgrey8
Administrator

Re: Lambse Too Rich accross the board

Post by cgrey8 » Mon May 14, 2018 6:59 pm

If I had to guess, I'd say it's running a stock Injector Offset curve. That would be my answer if this were GUFx. I assume CBAZA has one too. Anyway, try subtracting all points in that curve WAY down and see what happens. Try to preserve the curve shape, just subtract all points by the same value. Just make sure the high volt value is still a value above 0.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331 w/GT40p heads, ported Explorer lower, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, 1.6RRs, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, Slot Style MAF, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, Innovate LC-1, GUFB, Moates QuarterHorse tuned using BE&EA

Member V8-Ranger.com

Ccornwell
Gear Head

Post by Ccornwell » Mon May 14, 2018 7:44 pm

I did forget to lower the ofsets now that you mention it. I just changed them and took it out for a drive and I'm still seeing what I believe to be way too low of lambse numbers. I'm getting about 11-12 cruising and still only about 10 at idle. Any other ideas as to what it might be?

cgrey8
Administrator

Post by cgrey8 » Tue May 15, 2018 5:21 am

How low did you take the curve? The stock 19lb EV1 injector curve in GUFx is WAY too high for most EV6 injectors. I had to lower my curve to where the high voltages were VERY near 0.

The other option to raise idle LAMBSEs is to increase the low slope. But now you are talking about coordinating the hi/lo slope with the breakpoint. EA can help here, but even with EA to help visualize things, it's still trial-n-error to find out what works with your setup best. EA makes suggestions and while I can see what EA is efforting toward, I almost always put my own numbers into EA and see if I can get a combination that fits the datalog(s) I've loaded better.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331 w/GT40p heads, ported Explorer lower, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, 1.6RRs, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, Slot Style MAF, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, Innovate LC-1, GUFB, Moates QuarterHorse tuned using BE&EA

Member V8-Ranger.com

Ccornwell
Gear Head

Post by Ccornwell » Tue May 15, 2018 7:16 pm

I don't have the tune right in front of me but I believe the lowest value is around .34. I feel like it could still be lower. Ill have to mess around with it some more tonight and see if I can get it to come down some more since it still seems like it's a little low at cruising also. I do notice that my wideband is off but I know that is controlled though the injectors slopes. Should I do that first or should I attempt to get the lambse to the right spot first? Just not sure which way I should be doing it. Seeing as you said that adjusting the low slope will make a difference in lambse im guessing that should probably be first.

cgrey8
Administrator

Post by cgrey8 » Wed May 16, 2018 5:15 am

When you say your WB is off, what do you mean? Are you saying it is reporting values that are off from what your LAMBSEs are commanding? If so, then that's to be expected during Injector param and MAF tuning...assuming you've disabled Adaptive Learning which I highly recommend you do during this phase of tuning. They are helpful at tweaking small changes, but they tend to muddy the waters and get in the way during the tuning phase because you have to compensate for whatever they've learned as well as remember to keep clearing them each time you make a tune change.
...Always Somethin'

Member V8-Ranger.com

indy2000
Regular

Post by indy2000 » Sun May 20, 2018 10:12 am

Ccornwell wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 7:16 pm
I don't have the tune right in front of me but I believe the lowest value is around .34. I feel like it could still be lower. Ill have to mess around with it some more tonight and see if I can get it to come down some more since it still seems like it's a little low at cruising also. I do notice that my wideband is off but I know that is controlled though the injectors slopes. Should I do that first or should I attempt to get the lambse to the right spot first? Just not sure which way I should be doing it. Seeing as you said that adjusting the low slope will make a difference in lambse im guessing that should probably be first.
does you lambse match what you see with your WB?

have you logged and looked at the graphs?
gr-40 89Gt, A9L, BE, LC-1, KB2200 flowzilla,90mm TB, 90mm LMAF, 42#, stock cam, y303 heads.