Big changes a with Core Tuning (i.e. Binary Editor)

Anything about Ford EEC tuning. TwEECer and Moates questions dominate, but there's some SCT and OBD-II knowledge too.

Moderators: cgrey8, EDS50, 2Shaker, Jon 94GT

POPSRACING
Professional Tuner/Shop Owner

Big changes a with Core Tuning (i.e. Binary Editor)

Post by POPSRACING » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:44 am

We have packaged all qh capable strategies for 479.99 plus shipping which includes dongle and qh as well.*

The direct flash package $629.99 comes with all 96-14 strategies, a passthrough cable, obdii licensing and a dongle.*

*Only good on package purchase

http://www.coretuning.net/shop
Last edited by POPSRACING on Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Owner Core Tuning (Binary Editor)/ Moates / TwEECer / SCT Dealer /Diablosport / Drewtech
EFI Calibrator Build custom strategies for B.E.
Land and Sea chassis dyno
Phone 585-802-6911 EST Email Adam@CoreTuning.net
http://www.coretuning.net for your tuning software needs...
1995 Cobra, 408, sold...

2013 5.0 Racing Red Automatic Tunes available...

decipha

Re: Big changes a with Core Tuning (i.e. Binary Editor)

Post by decipha » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:04 am

do you include the controls pack firmware for 2011+ ecus to disable pats?

If so, whats the price for a single license and your most broken out coyote def ?

POPSRACING

Post by POPSRACING » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:54 am

All strategies are included for free with the package.
Owner Core Tuning (Binary Editor)/ Moates / TwEECer / SCT Dealer /Diablosport / Drewtech
1995 Cobra, 408, sold...

jchambers
Gear Head

Post by jchambers » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:06 pm

Is there an upgrade path for current licensed users? How does this upgrade work for shops? Vehicles still licensed on a credit/token basis? You have my interest Adam!!
Jeff Chambers, Owner
CRT Performance, LLC
Norwalk, OH 44857
(419)668-4151

POPSRACING

Post by POPSRACING » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:18 pm

I'll drop you a line..
1995 Cobra, 408, sold...

ironmanisanemic
Regular

Post by ironmanisanemic » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:48 pm

does this include strategies that havent been started on or are still being worked on? I.E. the strategies i emailed you about last month that you said were still in development. Also, is this a forever deal, or does it have a expiration date?
1989 Ford Bronco:
-393W, Edelbrock Performer RPM heads, ProComp Upper and lower intake, Custom Comp Hyd Roller cam, 10:1 compression,FRPP LU34 34lb injectors, 75mm TB, Pro-M 80mm MAF, equal length short tube headers, 2.5 inch y pipe merged into single 3 inch with hooker aerochamber muffler and no cat, QH w/ BE and EA running U4P0, 4R70W

1995 Ford Mustang GT
-Bone stock minus the QH. 5 Speed. T4M0

Ford 8061/8065 processor, assembly/dissasembly, strategy development information on my GDrive Share

POPSRACING

Post by POPSRACING » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:57 pm

Anything added on the future is included
1995 Cobra, 408, sold...

decipha

Post by decipha » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:13 am

this is an excellent idea Adam, I'm glad yall came to this, this has been long over-due IMO and will definitely bring BE to the fore-front of Ford tuning, I'm personally ready to ditch SCT and go this route myself for all the CAN-BUS stuff, in fact I have an 08 saleen sitting at the shop right now that I would prefer to tune the BE route rather than SCT

So if I understand this correctly, when purchasing BE you get the complete ford database, you then pay $50 per token for each vehicle you tune correct?

POPSRACING

Post by POPSRACING » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:33 am

Tokens are 96 each unless buying in quantity, we also only charge 1 token for all generations of ford as we did away with two token on 05 and up.
1995 Cobra, 408, sold...

86GT
BE/EA Developer

Post by 86GT » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:45 am

To clear things up a little.

1) If a QH package is purchased through Core Tuning, all supported strategies that would allow you to tune through the J3 port are included. For example all 1986-2004 mustangs. Obviously there is a lot more.

2) If a Mongoose package is purchased through Core Tuning, all supported strategies that would allow you to tune through the OBD2 port are included. For example all 1996-2014 mustangs. Obviously there is a lot more.

3) For existing customer with Core Tuning products.
  • a) If you purchase 500.00 dollars worth of tokens and or additional licenses then all strategies for J3 port tuning will be included for whatever hardware you have purchased through Core Tuning.
  • b) If you purchase 650.00 dollars worth of tokens and or additional licenses then all strategies for J3 port tuning and OBD2 tuning will be included for whatever hardware you have purchased through Core Tuning.
There is a link in my signature to all of the Core Tuning Strategies. This list is updated frequently.

Adam Marrer or Ben Head please correct me if i miss spoke anywhere.

decipha

Post by decipha » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:25 pm

well that just bust my bubble

at $50 I'd be all for it, but it would be difficult for me to swing $100 per vehicle.

I get a lot of people that just need simple quick fixes, a dtc disabled, rear hegos disabled, hego2 disabled for an x, converter lockup adjusted, or the speedo updated for a wheel swap, etc.., just minor little quick tweaks on otherwise stock vehicles. Theres no way I could cover a $100 fee for that, especially when most of them have mutliple vehicles they need minor tweaks on.

I may still be interested though for those that need a complete tune.

How many tokens would one have to buy at once to get the price down to $50 per ?

Also I have another concern, I do quite a bit of online/remote tunes, would both myself and the other person have to buy a token for me to make changes and send them an updated tune? Would BE recognize the same token over the course of the tune iterations?

And lastly, Im one to hack code to make the ecu do things Henry never intended. Is there any chance of adding custom parameters? I remember when BE12 came out the hex editor was removed, that was a big disappointment as I used it quite profusely.

86GT
BE/EA Developer

Post by 86GT » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:36 pm

If you look at SCT and HP tuners and diablo they are all around 100 dollars per car.

As for the customer cars, the customer is the only one that needs the token. Once they attach a token to the calibration file they would just email it back to you. At this point you can then make any change you want and send it back to them. Since it is already has a token they will not need to anything but download it to the vehicle.

The hex editing is removed on all Core Tuning strategies. This prevents reverse engineering. It is still available on free strategies.

ironmanisanemic
Regular

Post by ironmanisanemic » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:43 am

86GT wrote:To clear things up a little.

1) If a QH package is purchased through Core Tuning, all supported strategies that would allow you to tune through the J3 port are included. For example all 1986-2004 mustangs. Obviously there is a lot more.

2) If a Mongoose package is purchased through Core Tuning, all supported strategies that would allow you to tune through the OBD2 port are included. For example all 1996-2014 mustangs. Obviously there is a lot more.

• a) If you purchase 500.00 dollars worth of tokens and or additional licenses then all strategies for J3 port tuning will be included for whatever hardware you have purchased through Core Tuning.
  • b) If you purchase 650.00 dollars worth of tokens and or additional licenses then all strategies for J3 port tuning and OBD2 tuning will be included for whatever hardware you have purchased through Core Tuning.
There is a link in my signature to all of the Core Tuning Strategies. This list is updated frequently.

Adam Marrer or Ben Head please correct me if i miss spoke anywhere.
If i purchase $650 worth of tokens since i already have a license for BE does that also include the hardware and new obd2 license like the base package? Also how much would need to be purchased if someone wanted access to the ENTIRE database, from 86-14 QH and Mongoose based strategies?

I am interested, but if i still have to purchase the hardware seperate, then i will have to pass on this deal, that brings the price up higher than im willing to invest in a single shot.
1989 Ford Bronco:
-393W, Edelbrock Performer RPM heads, ProComp Upper and lower intake, Custom Comp Hyd Roller cam, 10:1 compression,FRPP LU34 34lb injectors, 75mm TB, Pro-M 80mm MAF, equal length short tube headers, 2.5 inch y pipe merged into single 3 inch with hooker aerochamber muffler and no cat, QH w/ BE and EA running U4P0, 4R70W

1995 Ford Mustang GT

Ford 8061/8065 processor, assembly/dissasembly, strategy development information on my GDrive Share

86GT
BE/EA Developer

Post by 86GT » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:33 am

If you purchase the $629.99 package, it comes with:
1) Drew Tech Mongoose Cable
2) Binary Editor 5.xx
3) OBDII License
4) 1996-2014 strategies
5) One Token

If you purchase the $479.99 package, it comes with:
1) Moates Quarterhorse
2) Binary Editor 5.xx
3) 1987-2004 strategies
4) One Token

If you want both hardware and purchase a 1109.98 package, it comes with:
2) Moates Quarterhorse
4) OBDII License
5) Binary Editor 5.xx
6) 1987-2014 strategies
7) Four Tokens

ironmanisanemic
Regular

Post by ironmanisanemic » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:42 pm

86GT wrote:If you purchase the $629.99 package, it comes with:
2) Binary Editor 5.xx
3) OBDII License
4) 1996-2014 strategies
5) One Token

1) Moates Quarterhorse
2) Binary Editor 5.xx
3) 1987-2004 strategies
4) One Token

2) Moates Quarterhorse
4) OBDII License
5) Binary Editor 5.xx
6) 1987-2014 strategies
7) Four Tokens

This was not what i asked about, i saw this information on the core tuning website.

I was asking about people that already have a license for BE, where you said:
86GT wrote:To clear things up a little.

I was wanting clarification if by "purchasing $650 worth of tokens" that in addition to having access to the whole database, it also would have the hardware included, just like if i purchased the kit with a new license. I already have 2 QH so purchasing a 3rd would be pointless for me, i personally dont want to spend $650 for the tokens, just to have to spend another $500 for the mongoose, and another $100 for the j2534 license. All of that together is $1250 when its all said and done. If this is how your doing things, then thats fine, but i wont be buying. It would seem as if just because i already have a license that im being forced to buy a new one, just to get the cost savings. I dont need a second license because I only do tunes for friends and family, i dont do this professionally.
86GT wrote:If you purchase the $629.99 package, it comes with:
2) Binary Editor 5.xxalready have this license
3) OBDII License
4) 1996-2014 strategies
5) One Token

1) Moates Quarterhorsealready have this hardware
2) Binary Editor 5.xxalready have this license
3) 1987-2004 strategies
4) One Token

2) Moates Quarterhorsealready have this hardware
4) OBDII License
5) Binary Editor 5.xxalready have this license
6) 1987-2014 strategies
7) Four Tokens
1989 Ford Bronco:

1995 Ford Mustang GT

POPSRACING

Post by POPSRACING » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:21 pm

ironmanisanemic,
What are you looking for? A strategy, multiple strategies, mongoose?
Regards,
Adam
1995 Cobra, 408, sold...

86GT
BE/EA Developer

Post by 86GT » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:31 pm

These packages are geared toward new users.

Since you already have the strategies and licenses for your cars these package deals wont help. Core Tuning still sells everything individually too.

I believe what you are after is the mongoose package but without BE. I think We can substitute BE for 2 tokens if that is the case.

ironmanisanemic
Regular

Post by ironmanisanemic » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:35 pm

86GT wrote:These packages are geared toward new users.

Since you already have the strategies and licenses for your cars these package deals wont help. Core Tuning still sells everything individually too.

I believe what you are after is the mongoose package but without BE. I think We can substitute BE for 2 tokens if that is the case.
Yes this is what i was trying to say, but more generic geared towards anyone that might want this that is an existing customer that also doesnt have the mongoose hardware.
86GT wrote: If you want both hardware and purchase a 1109.98 package, it comes with:
2) Moates Quarterhorse
4) OBDII License
5) Binary Editor 5.xx
6) 1987-2014 strategies
7) Four Tokens
Would you be willing to extend that same offer with this package? i wouldnt need the QH either, could that be exchanged for tokens as well?
1989 Ford Bronco:

1995 Ford Mustang GT

86GT
BE/EA Developer

Post by 86GT » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:49 am

I want to say yes. If you give Adam a call you guy can work out the details.

ironmanisanemic
Regular

Post by ironmanisanemic » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:16 pm

I will do that, although it will be a few weeks before i can. I am without a phone at the moment and am waiting for a replacement to come in. I am also going out of town on business for the next 3 weeks so i wont be around to get my new phone when it does come in.
1989 Ford Bronco:

1995 Ford Mustang GT

ironmanisanemic
Regular

Post by ironmanisanemic » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:25 pm

So i just figured I would follow up with this so others who were looking to upgrade their license have some accurate info.

I contacted Adam today and as usual had a very nice conversation about all sorts of things automotive and tuning. He was really understanding when i explained what i was after and said he has done what i was wanting for a few other people so far.

To recap what i was wanting: the direct flash package without the new dongle since i already had that, as well as access to the full database, not just the 96+ vehicles.

Adam basically told me that because I'm already a customer of Core Tuning that he was more than happy to get me what i was after for WAY less than i was expecting to pay for. He said it's what he will basically do for any existing customers wanting to upgrade. I dont know if Adam will have a problem with me saying what i paid on here, so if your curious you can pm me.

So hopefully this may entice some of you guys that wanted this but were on the fence about it.
1989 Ford Bronco:

1995 Ford Mustang GT

Montecarlodrag
Gear Head

Post by Montecarlodrag » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:28 pm

I also upgraded my Core Tuning databases, I now have all the package. I paid a really fair price. The deal they gave me made me feel like a valued customer, they check your purchase history to offer you a more than fair price.
I have even bought custom definitions, they were made in just a few days. They really value their customers.

dangt84
Gear Head

Post by dangt84 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:33 pm

I have some some questions and I'd like to talk with someone before I make a purchase.

I've had some email issues so I'm not sure if the email that I sent to Adam@Coretuning.net has got through (Daniel - Post-Haste Performance) and I'm not 100% sure if that is the right contact address to use either.

I have included all contact info on the email I sent so please let me know if it was received and if not how best to make contact

Thanks!

ironmanisanemic
Regular

Post by ironmanisanemic » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:37 pm

dangt84 wrote:I have some some questions and I'd like to talk with someone before I make a purchase.

I've had some email issues so I'm not sure if the email that I sent to Adam@Coretuning.net has got through (Daniel - Post-Haste Performance) and I'm not 100% sure if that is the right contact address to use either.

I have included all contact info on the email I sent so please let me know if it was received and if not how best to make contact

Thanks!
I have had hit or miss luck getting ahold of Adam via email. Your best bet is to send him a text message. He is really busy and cant always answer if you call. I've had the best luck texting him to setup when he could call.
1989 Ford Bronco:

1995 Ford Mustang GT

dangt84
Gear Head

Post by dangt84 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:44 pm

Is there a publicly listed number that he uses?

ironmanisanemic
Regular

Post by ironmanisanemic » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:54 pm

http://popsracing.com/contact.html
dangt84 wrote:Is there a publicly listed number that he uses?
1989 Ford Bronco:

1995 Ford Mustang GT

POPSRACING

Post by POPSRACING » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:00 pm

1995 Cobra, 408, sold...

dangt84
Gear Head

Post by dangt84 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:14 pm

I'm only now just reading about Tokens. Is this locked to a VIN? It looks like to do a QH tune for a customer vehicle is going to start costing $160. $100 for a Token and $60 for an F3 Chip/Adaptor.

Am I reading this correct?

Thanks

POPSRACING

Post by POPSRACING » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:38 am

It's hard not to find my phone number it's all over the web.....
1995 Cobra, 408, sold...

dangt84
Gear Head

Post by dangt84 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:21 am

Hi Adam, we've exchanged a couple of texts but have yet to catch up properly. I missed your call back so my bad on that one. Hopefully we'll get together today. Hope you had a good weekend.