Big changes a with Core Tuning (i.e. Binary Editor)

Anything about Ford EEC tuning. TwEECer and Moates questions dominate, but there's some SCT and OBD-II knowledge too.

Moderators: cgrey8, EDS50, 2Shaker, Jon 94GT

POPSRACING
Professional Tuner/Shop Owner

Re: Big changes a with Core Tuning (i.e. Binary Editor)

Post by POPSRACING » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:26 pm

Brady I can call you again in a short bit
Owner Core Tuning (Binary Editor)/ Moates / TwEECer / SCT Dealer /Diablosport / Drewtech
EFI Calibrator Build custom strategies for B.E.
Land and Sea chassis dyno
Phone 585-802-6911 EST Email Adam@CoreTuning.net
http://www.coretuning.net for your tuning software needs...
1995 Cobra, 408, sold...

2013 5.0 Racing Red Automatic Tunes available...

Crock
Gear Head

Post by Crock » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:01 pm

Hello

How does the token thing work? I have seen that you can buy them on the core tuning website, but it’s just a paypal payment link. How are they added to my software?
Do they email a key I have to enter or updated via online update? Are they saved on they usb dongle?

Thanks!
1993 mustang. GUFB A9L. 302,GT-40s,Tfs1cam,cobra intake,70mm TB,1 5/8 bbk longtubes,O/R h-pipe, flowmasters,80mm pro-m, frpp 42lb injectors, vortech v2 s-trim at 10psi,UPR powerpipe,Moates QH, BE & EA, innovate mtx

86GT
BE/EA Developer

Post by 86GT » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:49 pm

Tokens are issued once the payment has cleared. A file is emailed to you and the token or tokens are added to the dongle.. BE will keep track of the tokens used in a log file on your PC. When you write to a vehicle successfully a token will be consumed and a log entry is made. If the write fails the token will not be consumed.

Once a file is tokened it will show in green in the task bar. If it is Black then the file does not have a token.

Crock
Gear Head

Post by Crock » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:56 pm

Okay. So when it asks for a token I would point it to the supplied file and it will license that vehicle...correct?
1993 mustang. GUFB A9L. 302,GT-40s,Tfs1cam,cobra intake,70mm TB,1 5/8 bbk longtubes,O/R h-pipe, flowmasters,80mm pro-m, frpp 42lb injectors, vortech v2 s-trim at 10psi,UPR powerpipe,Moates QH, BE & EA, innovate mtx

86GT
BE/EA Developer

Post by 86GT » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:07 pm

no it will automatically decrements from the dongle until you are out of tokens. the file is only there so you can look back on all of the cars you tuned. It is basically a history log.

Montecarlodrag
Gear Head

Post by Montecarlodrag » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:30 am

There are 2 ways. Normally they email you a file (coded for your dongle serial number) that you open in the software then it automatically adds the purchased tokens to your dongle. After that you decide when to spend the tokens.
They can also connect to your computer with teamviewer and manually add the tokens.

Either way they respond pretty quick