Commanding Open Loop - EKO2 - OL Flag Numbers

Anything about Ford EEC tuning. TwEECer and Moates questions dominate, but there's some SCT and OBD-II knowledge too.

Moderators: cgrey8, EDS50, 2Shaker, Jon 94GT

dangt84
Gear Head

Commanding Open Loop - EKO2 - OL Flag Numbers

Post by dangt84 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:59 pm

Hi Guys and Gals, I'm hoping someone can help me out - new to the Ford game.

I'm working on a SC Lightining/HD powered F250 - EKO2 (OMAE2W4)

I'm trying to get my head around the Open Loop switches in the calibration. I'd like to have OL active by LOAD and I see there is a table for that but I'm unable to get it to work. It seems like the only table that I've been able to adjust with any success is the "Throttle Position to Transition to WOT"

I'm logging with BE and I can see the OL flag changing to different modes but I'm only seeing true OL with it flags to 176. I've attached a small data log showing this.

I'm starting to get boost from the SC around .600 Load and 1.6v TPS

It looks like I would like to use the "Open Loop Base off of RPM" as this is a Load Vs RPM Scale.

Any help greatly appreciated
Attachments
Open Loop Test.csv
(871.26 KiB) Downloaded 78 times

POPSRACING
Professional Tuner/Shop Owner

Re: Commanding Open Loop - EKO2 - OL Flag Numbers

Post by POPSRACING » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:30 am

Go to
\Mode - Open/Closed Loop Loop\Open Loop Base off RPM (set right column to zeros)
\Mode - Open/Closed Loop Loop\Open Loop Base off ECT (Set right column to zeros)
Owner Core Tuning (Binary Editor)/ Moates / TwEECer / SCT Dealer /Diablosport / Drewtech
EFI Calibrator Build custom strategies for B.E.
Land and Sea chassis dyno
Phone 585-802-6911 EST Email Adam@CoreTuning.net
http://www.coretuning.net for your tuning software needs...
1995 Cobra, 408, sold...

2013 5.0 Racing Red Automatic Tunes available...

dangt84
Gear Head

Post by dangt84 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:58 am

Hi Adam if those tables are Zero'd out what table would be used to fine tune the switch from c/l to o/l? Is the WOT table the only one that can make the switch?

EDIT: Maybe I'm looking at these wrong - does the WOT table reference these 2 tables to switch to OL?

If this was the case I could set the WOT TP voltage a bit lower than I actually want and then use LOAD numbers in the Open Loop Base off RPM to make sure I'm not getting the WOT switch until X amount of Load.

I will give this a try

POPSRACING
Professional Tuner/Shop Owner

Post by POPSRACING » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:03 am

Those functions are only zeroed out while calibrating the ECM, once calibration is done you can set min load based off ECT to forced open loop, as for the TP that is base off when fuel enrichment is required, roots blowers will be lower tp than centrifugal where as naturally aspirated will be in a different spot as well. If you have the core software open AMZ2 (04 Termi car) and look at what they did vs ZMR2 (na cobra)...this should help you.
Owner Core Tuning (Binary Editor)/ Moates / TwEECer / SCT Dealer /Diablosport / Drewtech
EFI Calibrator Build custom strategies for B.E.
Land and Sea chassis dyno
Phone 585-802-6911 EST Email Adam@CoreTuning.net
http://www.coretuning.net for your tuning software needs...
1995 Cobra, 408, sold...

2013 5.0 Racing Red Automatic Tunes available...