LC-2 WB Binary editor connection issues

Anything about Ford EEC tuning. TwEECer and Moates questions dominate, but there's some SCT and OBD-II knowledge too.

Moderators: cgrey8, EDS50, 2Shaker, Jon 94GT

Balthorpe
Gear Head

LC-2 WB Binary editor connection issues

Post by Balthorpe » Wed May 24, 2017 4:28 pm

Can someone walk me through this setup... I have the lc-2 wide band w/ gauge. I can't seem to log AFR in binary editor. The gauge and logworks both show AFR. Binary editor recognizes innovate hardware when its plugged in to the usb. I tried to click the enable button in the hardware section...then i couldn't data log anything. I guess it's some kinda port issue...

Anyone with the lc-2 that can help me out i appreciate it..
'93 f250 xlt 2wd. 351w, E4od. speed density T2X1 code, EFI-SD48B. S.Bob LHBL0 cry. ICY1
BBk 61mm T body, edel 3881 truck intake, AFR 185, H. Roller 216/220 @.050 .533/.544 lift 114 LSA
1 5/8" long tubes, dual 2 1/2, Borla pro xs. Local cruising, occasional tow
Innovate LC-2 Wb

bocam1
Gear Head

Re: LC-2 WB Binary editor connection issues

Post by bocam1 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:24 pm

Following. I will be doing the same soon.
85 Mustang Coupe, 92 drivetrain, Professional Products Upper and lower, long tubes, PA AOD, Moates Qhorse, C&L,Nitrous Works Nitrous Kit, Stock heads, cam, and internals. Best quarter mile with stock everything and a bottle was 12.09 at 114 MPH on MT Sportsman Pros.

FoMoCo17
Gear Head

Post by FoMoCo17 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:01 am

Fr what I remember, you have to go to hardware in be and set up the innovate ... this entails setting up x& y which is in the innovate literature ... something like 0 to 5 volts and equivalent to 7-22 af ratio ... then you on your computer pull up Control Panel and go to hardware ... once there, plug and unplug your wideband cable and usb and you’ll see it on the hardware in control panel on your computer ... then click on properties I think, and the port will show up that’s it’s using when plugging n unplugging ... then go back to be hardware and add the port to innovate info where you added its X n Y features. Thus, you’ve now told be what the parameters it operates within and the port that your computer uses to get the data and now be should see your wide band!!! It’s been a while since I did it so hope my description helps and you understand it ...
306 Forged Assembly w H Beam Rods and Girdle, Kenne Bell 2.1, E7 Ported Heads & Intake, Kenne Bell FMU, 19# Accel Injectors, BBK Fuel Pressure Regulator/Gauge, Stock Cam (+2 degrees), 1.7 Crane Roller Rockers, 60 mm throttle Body, 55 mm MAF w stock sensor, BBK Cold Air Inlet, BBK Shorty Headers, BBK H-pipe, Autolite 24 Plugs, EGR & Thermactor Enabled, 2 1/2 MagnaFlow SS, built AOD w 2400 Hughes Converter, Flex-a-Lite Cooling Radiator/Module Assy., 130 Amp Alternator

stu11926
Regular

Post by stu11926 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:16 am

Under the hardware configuration page, you also have to make sure that you name the channel "AFR" if that is what it is labeled on your dashboard, or else that cell won't populate with data. It took me the LONGEST time to figure that out the hard way!
AFR Channel name for eectuning.jpg
AFR Channel name for eectuning.jpg (21.2 KiB) Viewed 188 times
1989 Mustang LX (former SC State Patrol)
408w with AFR 205 Renegade heads, Victor 5.8 EFI intake, Flowtech Induction (Ed Curtis) custom cam, 42lb/hr injectors, 05+ Slot style HPX MAF, 90mm Accufab throttle body, custom intake tract, BBK 1 3/4" LT headers, Moates QH, BE and EA, Innovate LC-1, Smog pump and EGR removed,PCV plumbed through ProVent 200 as a catch can, stock ignition, Stock A9L computer

FoMoCo17
Gear Head

Post by FoMoCo17 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:53 am

Yes, that’s very important also! It’s kinda intuitive but then again not at times ... and usually harder the second or third time it’s needed to know to get things working ... def wish it was easier!!! It’s constant figuring things out ..
306 Forged Assembly w H Beam Rods and Girdle, Kenne Bell 2.1, E7 Ported Heads & Intake, Kenne Bell FMU, 19# Accel Injectors, BBK Fuel Pressure Regulator/Gauge, Stock Cam (+2 degrees), 1.7 Crane Roller Rockers, 60 mm throttle Body, 55 mm MAF w stock sensor, BBK Cold Air Inlet, BBK Shorty Headers, BBK H-pipe, Autolite 24 Plugs, EGR & Thermactor Enabled, 2 1/2 MagnaFlow SS, built AOD w 2400 Hughes Converter, Flex-a-Lite Cooling Radiator/Module Assy., 130 Amp Alternator

cgrey8
Administrator

Post by cgrey8 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:00 am

It probably would be a good idea for Clint to default the CH1 to AFR since that's what 99% of people are going to want. Even the rare few that actually do daisy-chain multiple Innovate devices together onto the same bus will likely want CH1 to be their AFR.

The only exception I can think of are people that are running 8 EGT sensors, but people that need a dedicated EGT-per-cylinder are probably using some aftermarket proprietary engine management solution that has their own way of integrating auxiliary inputs without relying on a third party like Innovate.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331 w/GT40p heads, ported Explorer lower, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, 1.6RRs, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, Slot Style MAF, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, Innovate LC-1, GUFB, Moates QuarterHorse tuned using BE&EA

Member V8-Ranger.com

stu11926
Regular

Post by stu11926 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:26 pm

cgrey8 wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:00 am
It probably would be a good idea for Clint to default the CH1 to AFR since that's what 99% of people are going to want. Even the rare few that actually do daisy-chain multiple Innovate devices together onto the same bus will likely want CH1 to be their AFR.
I've been toying with the idea of replacing my ancient LC-1 with the dual DLG-1 from Innovate. I trust it would be a simple matter to add a second channel on the dashboard and payload?
1989 Mustang LX (former SC State Patrol)
408w with AFR 205 Renegade heads, Victor 5.8 EFI intake, Flowtech Induction (Ed Curtis) custom cam, 42lb/hr injectors, 05+ Slot style HPX MAF, 90mm Accufab throttle body, custom intake tract, BBK 1 3/4" LT headers, Moates QH, BE and EA, Innovate LC-1, Smog pump and EGR removed,PCV plumbed through ProVent 200 as a catch can, stock ignition, Stock A9L computer