TunerPro with Tweecer

Anything about Ford EEC tuning. TwEECer and Moates questions dominate, but there's some SCT and OBD-II knowledge too.

Moderators: cgrey8, EDS50, Jon 94GT, 2Shaker

Trueblue95GT
Gear Head

TunerPro with Tweecer

Post by Trueblue95GT » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:47 pm

So I've been reading a lot but a lot of the information is old. Can TunerPro RT read/write directly to and datalog a Tweecer RT? I bought this POS a long time ago and finally getting back to tuning.
1995 Mustang GTS 347, TF TW Heads, Victor EFI Intake, FTI Cam, Pro-M MAF, 42lb/hr Green Injectors

EDS50
Administrator

Re: TunerPro with Tweecer

Post by EDS50 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:50 pm

You should have no problem using TP with your tweecer.
1992 LX - 25.1c Chassis, Vortech Blown Dart 332, Lentech Trans, TRZ Backhalf, A9L, Moates QH/SL v1.9, BE, EA, TunerView

JBacon302
Gear Head

Post by JBacon302 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:28 am

Pretty sure you'll have no problem opening and modifying the tune with tunerpro but you will not be able to datalog with tunerpro and a TwEECer. Correct me if I'm wrong but that was how I always did it

cgrey8
Administrator

Post by cgrey8 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:50 pm

In other words, if you want to use TunerPro, you'll still have to write your tunes to the TwEECer using CalEdit and datalog using CalCon...which is a real bummer since they both suck.

If you want to ditch CalEdit/CalCon with the TwEECer RT, you'll need BinaryEditor...unless TunerPro has figured out how to talk directly to the TwEECer they way BE & CalEdit do. If it has, that's news to me.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331 w/GT40p heads, ported Explorer lower, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, 1.6RRs, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, Slot Style MAF, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, Innovate LC-1, GUFB, Moates QuarterHorse tuned using BE&EA

Member V8-Ranger.com

JBacon302
Gear Head

Post by JBacon302 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:34 am

Alright, I wasn't just having a brain fart. I really can't stand calcon and caledit either but also I like the A9L2 as a base point with all the patches that have been added so I just deal with it until I find a better way to write and datalog.

cgrey8
Administrator

Post by cgrey8 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:07 am

Is there a technical reason you aren't using BE? I ask because I'm not familiar with all the things Decipha's done to A9L2 to make it different/better and thus what additions might be added that are not exposed or manageable with the GUFB.def file for BE.

Even if there are, you could replace CalEdit/CalCon with BE and be far better off. The vast majority of tune-tweaking should be available in the GUFB def for BE being the A9L2 is a derivative of the A9L. And because BE will save GUFB tunes in *.bin format, you can open your BE-edited tune in TunerPro (something you can't do with edits made in CalEdit), make whatever changes you need to there, save, and reopen the tune in BE to download and datalog. It's not ideal, but it's better than dealing with CalEdit/Calcon for GUFB tuning.

And if you know what things are made-available for A9L2 in TunerPro's GUFB def file that aren't in BE's GUFB def, they can be added fairly easily...something you definitely can't do with CalEdit.

Now if the only thing that's holding you back from using BE is the licensing fee, I can't help you with that. All I can do is say that BE is worth the price. But if you disagree, then all of this is just an academic discussion.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331 w/GT40p heads, ported Explorer lower, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, 1.6RRs, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, Slot Style MAF, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, Innovate LC-1, GUFB, Moates QuarterHorse tuned using BE&EA

Member V8-Ranger.com

JBacon302
Gear Head

Post by JBacon302 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:16 am

Really no reason, I had EA way back in like 03 or 04 when I first started tuning this car. I got away for a long time and I'm finally starting to play with it again. I'll actually need to make some changes again when I do my next round of upgrades so I may spring for the EA/BE package once I order some of those parts