Introduction

Technical and non-technical chit-chat about whatever. Discuss, trade notes, complain, debate, just keep it civilized.

Moderators: cgrey8, EDS50, Jon 94GT, 2Shaker

oharris
Gear Head

Introduction

Post by oharris » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:37 pm

Introduction

Hello I found this site while searching for tuning info for my son’s Mustang. There is a wealth of information here which gave me ideas for other projects. I thought I’d introduce the projects so you guys aren’t wondering why I am all over the map. I have questions about each of them, but I will put them in separate threads as I understand you prefer on subject per thread so please answer in the linked threads.

Project #1 ’88 Mustang. GT Gt-40P heads, Explorer intake long tube headers, Crane Compucam 2030, stock speed density computer. How much tuning if any am I going to have to do to get this to run right?
Do I need a wideband lambda gauge to do this right?

Project #2 1950 Willys Jeep with ’86 SVO engine running an LA3. This is a running driving project that has never really run great. I have read that these run much better when converted to speed density, plus I don’t have a lot of room under the hood and getting rid of the VAM would be nice. What all is involved in the conversion and should I do it?

Project #3 ’87 Mustang GT. This car donated most of its parts to project #1 including its engine, transmission and computer. I have a complete ’97 Explorer engine and trans to swap in and I thought I would use the wiring computer and all. (this car has some electrical issues) I thought having ODBCII would be easier to tune (I wasn’t even aware it was possible to tune a speed density until 2 days ago.) It also appears that you want a strategy that has been decoded and no one has done that with the Explorer CPU. Can I just load CDAN4 tune into the explorer computer?

Project #4 ’80 Porsche 924 Turbo. This car has mechanical fuel injection and I want to convert to EFI. I was going to Megasquirt it, but it looks like you guys have done crazy stuff like run a V8 computer on a 4cyl engine. If I was to do this, what donor would I use?
Project #1 '88 Mustang GT-40P heads, Explorer intake, Crane Compucam 2030, BBK Long tube Headers.
Project #2 '50 Willys Jeep CJ-3A '86 Mustang SVO swap. Convert to Speed Density?
Project #3 '87 Mustang GT Explorer 5.0 engine and EEC-V computer (other stuff TBD).
Project #4 '80 Porsche 924 Turbo, to EEC or not to EEC that is the question?

decipha
Tuning Addict

Re: Introduction

Post by decipha » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:05 am

welcome to the forum

sounds like you have your hands full there

Brunstribe
Gear Head

Post by Brunstribe » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:26 pm

I'm the newbie. Lol. Just ordered my quarter horse waiting impatiently and already checked the mail box. Lol. I.just ordered it last night. Adam from coretuning.com has been a great help

my build
95 f150
Gt40p heads
E303 cam
24lb injectors
Under drive pulleys
4r70w Trans

Elastique46
Gear Head

Post by Elastique46 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:00 am

How are your projects coming along?