too simple mabye?

Have a suggestion or a submission for a FAQ or Tech Doc? Post it here...

Moderators: cgrey8, EDS50, Jon 94GT, 2Shaker

Danish88GT
Gear Head

too simple mabye?

Post by Danish88GT » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:40 am

Real simple things like what are definitions files are what are they used for? same goes for Binary and loads of other items.. a guick guide of some sort, just so you know what you are dealing with, everything except for actual tuning?
i could use it anyway :)

1988 Mustang GT, Paxton Novi 2k @ 10psi, 36lbs, AOD shiftkit,3.55's,FordRacing DS, PRO-M 80mm MAF, KYB adjustable shocks, Gas'a'just, eibach springs 2''drop ,lakewood rear. Hand made 3'' stainless exhaust, from stock headers no cats and custom X-pipe, stock mufflers with turndowns! 17x8, 17x10 Centerline Ventura's wrapped in Federal 245\275. Complete 91' interior with 3 gauges in airvent. A9P > Tweecer R\T, BE & EA, 99oct premium
Rest is STOCK

cgrey8
Administrator

Re: too simple mabye?

Post by cgrey8 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:57 am

Most of that stuff is covered, or at least I think it is in BE's helpfiles. The BE/EA helpfiles are frequently overlooked resources for information and knowledge. Spend some time in those helpfiles and I almost guarantee you that you'll learn a lot not only about the tools, but about tuning in general. At least, I did.

However if you want to get up a list of all your questions, I'll see if I can get them answered in a fairly generic way so they can be a Fast-track to learning the lingo kind of FAQ.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331 w/GT40p heads, ported Explorer lower, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, 1.6RRs, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, Slot Style MAF, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, Innovate LC-1, GUFB, Moates QuarterHorse tuned using BE&EA

Member V8-Ranger.com

Danish88GT
Gear Head

Post by Danish88GT » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:02 pm

will read it, probably a few times :D thanks

1988 Mustang GT, Paxton Novi 2k @ 10psi, 36lbs, AOD shiftkit,3.55's,FordRacing DS, PRO-M 80mm MAF, KYB adjustable shocks, Gas'a'just, eibach springs 2''drop ,lakewood rear. Hand made 3'' stainless exhaust, from stock headers no cats and custom X-pipe, stock mufflers with turndowns! 17x8, 17x10 Centerline Ventura's wrapped in Federal 245\275. Complete 91' interior with 3 gauges in airvent. A9P > Tweecer R\T, BE & EA, 99oct premium
Rest is STOCK

Danish88GT
Gear Head

Post by Danish88GT » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:35 am

alright, i've been doing some reading trying to make myself smarter on different areas..
so far i've figured out alittle more on what def files are and binary files.
i've also started to learn alittle more about how i can do my actual tuning, but i'm still alittle unsure of a few things.
right now i just want to tell my EEC the mods i have and see how it likes it. i'm not really interested in hardcore adjustments just yet. the thing just is that its very difficult to tell the two things apart.
alot of programs have a 'beginner' interface with only the basics and as you progress you can choose to see more options.. just an idea...
anyway i will post some questions under software issues.

thanks!

Rest is STOCK

cgrey8
Administrator

Post by cgrey8 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:34 am

You can disappear "advanced" options using the Levels control in BE. For most any tune just starting out, the only things you need access to are MAF, Injector Slope/BP/Offset, Spark Controls, OL Fuel Controls, and Idle controls...and if you are disabling things like Thermactor and EGR, you need to see those too. All else can be turned off.

Unfortunately as a beginner, it's difficult to know which levels hide the right things and which to leave on. That's something Clint might be able to work on. I have an idea how I would do it, but I want to let him think about it a bit before I go muddying the water with the way I think it should be done.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331 w/GT40p heads, ported Explorer lower, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, 1.6RRs, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, Slot Style MAF, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, Innovate LC-1, GUFB, Moates QuarterHorse tuned using BE&EA

Member V8-Ranger.com