Need idle tuning help. Using A9L, QH, and EEC Editor

Have a suggestion or a submission for a FAQ or Tech Doc? Post it here...

Moderators: cgrey8, EDS50, Jon 94GT, 2Shaker

21tang90
Gear Head

Need idle tuning help. Using A9L, QH, and EEC Editor

Post by 21tang90 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:45 am

I am just getting started into tuning. I have the Moates QH plugged in to my A9L. I have changed the fuel injector slope (with the help of Craig Moates while getting me connected to the QH), but now I do not know where to find and then how to put the info into EEC Editor. I can start the car now (brand new motor with some mods), but will not idle for very long and when it dies I hear the Idle bypass valve click. Any help would be great. I am not a puter geek (they did not have puters in school when I was in school) but do understand the concept.

decipha

Re: Need idle tuning help. Using A9L, QH, and EEC Editor

Post by decipha » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:40 am

search cgrey8's posts, ford tuning isn't that difficult once you get the basics sorted out, its actually relatively simple

you can't just change the slopes and call it done, the break point, battery voltage offset, cranking pulse-width, minimum pulse-width limit, etc... need to be changed as well

QuikCoupe
Gear Head

Post by QuikCoupe » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:44 pm

Not trying to hijack the thread but Im new here and to all this. Is there somewhere I can go to read and learn what all the EEC specific terms and acronyms mean?

Things like INLRPM, AMDESN, IDLRPM, fn875d, fn875n, fn824, break point, ect.

Those are just some Ive seen in my first minutes of searching. Thanks guys,
1993 Mustang LX
2.3 engine(5.0 in a couple months)

decipha

Post by decipha » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:20 pm

thats all names of scalars and functions

go download binary editor from eecanalyzer.net

install it and while your at that website scroll down and get the .bin files for the gufb strategy

after BE is installed open up the strategy gufb from the DEF folder
then open the calibration a9l.bin

at the top you'll see a search icon in BE, click that and type in the acronym and you'll see what where talking about

oh and Welcome!

QuikCoupe
Gear Head

Post by QuikCoupe » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:18 am

decipha wrote:thats all names of scalars and functions

go download binary editor from eecanalyzer.net

install it and while your at that website scroll down and get the .bin files for the gufb strategy

after BE is installed open up the strategy gufb from the DEF folder
then open the calibration a9l.bin

at the top you'll see a search icon in BE, click that and type in the acronym and you'll see what where talking about

oh and Welcome!
Thank you very much!
1993 Mustang LX
2.3 engine(5.0 in a couple months)

decipha

Post by decipha » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:21 am

no prob if you have some more questions that can't be resolved from a search post another thread, be sure you label it NEWBIE: xxquestionxx

that way others can find it fairly easy

cgrey8
Administrator

Post by cgrey8 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:20 am

decipha wrote:no prob if you have some more questions that can't be resolved from a search post another thread, be sure you label it NEWBIE: xxquestionxx

that way others can find it fairly easy
Don't encourage bad behavior. He may not know you are joking. Good thread titles are one of my pet peves. I cringe and have to throttle back my true thoughts and NOT say what I really want to say when someone posts a thread entitled Newbie with questions or Need Help. Those are just useless titles. So most of the time instead of pointing it out, I just read the thread and update the title myself.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331 w/GT40p heads, ported Explorer lower, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, 1.6RRs, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, Slot Style MAF, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, Innovate LC-1, GUFB, Moates QuarterHorse tuned using BE&EA

Member V8-Ranger.com