Looking for DOL in Gufb for tripcomputer

This is where the BIN Hackers and definition junkies discuss the inner workings of the EEC code and hardware. General tuning questions do not go here. Only technical/hardware-specific/code questions and discussions belong here.

Moderators: cgrey8, EDS50, Jon 94GT, 2Shaker

boo6991
Gear Head

Looking for DOL in Gufb for tripcomputer

Post by boo6991 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:16 am

Hi everyone, I am hoping someone can help me out with this.
Is there a way to enable the Data output link for pin34 for my trip computer when using A9l with GUFB?

I am using an Australian EECIV (1DEB) and the A9l programming to control Two Speed Thermo fans which I have installed following the guide at viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2957 on this forum

The thermo conversion works great however I have noticed that my Tripcomputer no longer correctly records my fuel economy.
As far as I can tell the the A9l doesn't have it active and there is no listing in the GUFB definition for how to turn it on or adjust it.

Any advice on how to get it working would be appreciated, Thanks.
Ford Falcon Eb v8 1992 Auto, 1DEB running A9l.256k with Ti Performance J3 chip

xd41efisc
Regular

Re: Looking for DOL in Gufb for tripcomputer

Post by xd41efisc » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:02 am

Hi Mate,

I thought the GUFB tune ran the trip computer, when loaded into a EB ecu.
My brother has an XF Fairmont Ghia with NC Fairlane 5.0, and I had a GUFB/A9L running in it for a while when I was testing some things , and I was sure the trip computer worked.
I will have a look at swapping the A9L (1DHA currently in it) back into it on the weekend, and see what happens.
I have a couple of EB/NC trip computers here as well, I may wire one into my XF Wagon that has a 5.0 running A9L and see what that does.
I also have a couple of EB Series 1 and 2 EECs, to try out.

I will get back to you as soon as I have tried them.
Ford XF Falcon 4.1/250 EFI Xflow, Eaton M112, Water/Air intercooler,
C0S/GURE ECU, 42# Injectors, 90mm LMAF, AEM wideband, QH, BE/EA.

Ford XF Fairmont Wagon, 5.0 Windsor, A9L/GUFB.