Fixing HP TQ numbers in the logger?

This is where the BIN Hackers and definition junkies discuss the inner workings of the EEC code and hardware. General tuning questions do not go here. Only technical/hardware-specific/code questions and discussions belong here.

Moderators: cgrey8, EDS50, Jon 94GT, 2Shaker

bamaFoxJuan
Regular

Fixing HP TQ numbers in the logger?

Post by bamaFoxJuan » Fri May 26, 2017 8:52 pm

Hello,

Is there a way to fix these HP & TQ numbers in the BE datalogger? Just at a quick glance on my other laptop, I am making 5645hp and 9143tq @ 3242 rpm.

Normally I wouldn't care but, I want to show it off in front of my retarded friend that put a junkyard ls1 in his Fairmont. He has been trying to talk me into buying his micorsquirt so he can upgrade. Against his advice, I went with the moates instead and love it :)

A quick forum search tells me I may have to reverse engineer the gufb strategy? At least that is what someone mentioned doing for the mpg gauge. I assume that means looking at binaries? Or is there a layer over them?

bamaFoxJuan
Regular

Re: Fixing HP TQ numbers in the logger?

Post by bamaFoxJuan » Sat May 27, 2017 3:50 am

I found the help file and I think I got it figured out.

Changing the stoich settings must be for people with really expensive widebands? No matter what type fuel I put in my car, the zeitronix is going to see 14.7 as stoich.

area302
Gear Head

Post by area302 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:40 am

what did you end up changing to make the hp and tq correct?
I have the same problem.
They say the pre 2004 eec will show up to 200% load, so not sure if it's just an incorrect maf transfer?
1991 ford 302 gt mustang a9p, aod, moates quarterhorse,BE, EA, Innovate MTX-L
wideband, dataq di-145, gibson stainless exhaust, 3.73 rear.

cgrey8
Administrator

Post by cgrey8 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:29 pm

The HP/Tq estimates are based on a few settings mainly the MAF flowrate, RPM, LAMBSE/KAMRF, and the Brake Specific Fuel Consumption factor set in BinaryEditor under Settings Tab>User Preferences. If you are getting ridiculous numbers for HP/Tq, then this is often an indication that the MAF readings are scaled and not actual OR that you have some off-the-wall value for BSFC.

Typical N/A vehicles are in the .5 range. Boosted vehicles get up to the .6ish range. The lower the number indicates the vehicle can produce more power with a given amount of fuel. So if you are getting outlandish values like 5000hp, then try setting that value higher. If all you care about is getting the values to not look stupid, then keep upping the value until you get BE calculating HP/Tq values that represent what you "want" it to display.

Obviously if you do this and BSFC isn't a value that's "reasonable" for your application, then the resulting HP/Tq are going to be absolute BS...
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331 w/GT40p heads, ported Explorer lower, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, 1.6RRs, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, Slot Style MAF, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, Innovate LC-1, GUFB, Moates QuarterHorse tuned using BE&EA

Member V8-Ranger.com

cgrey8
Administrator

Post by cgrey8 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:42 pm

Now that I'm home to actually look in BE, the BSFC is in User Preferences (updated post above).

There are other settings that are in Settings>Vehicle Info such as the weight of the vehicle, frontal surface area, and drag coefficient. I doubt they would play any role in HP/Tq given BE calculates HP/Tq values even when the vehicle is sitting still...so it's just not likely they factor in at all. Those would be relevant to a dashboard dyno where it's using measured acceleration rate along with vehicle weight and drag to calculate HP.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331 w/GT40p heads, ported Explorer lower, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, 1.6RRs, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, Slot Style MAF, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, Innovate LC-1, GUFB, Moates QuarterHorse tuned using BE&EA

Member V8-Ranger.com