Errors, Crashes, and Bugs, Oh My! This is where issues specific to tuning software goes. General questions about software features & capabilities are also welcome here.

Moderators: cgrey8, EDS50, Jon 94GT, 2Shaker

Post Reply
94GTLaserRC
Gear Head
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 7:39 pm
Location: Pembroke Pines, FL
Contact:

Column Index Missing (error) in BE

Post by 94GTLaserRC » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:22 pm

This is the error message:

The Normalizer has no value for the column index 0. Make sure the normalizer has not been filtered out and that it exists.

Now, I was told to go to levels and check all. That is done and I still get that.

I have lots of issues with this program right now but I will start with this one.

What's Up?

Thanks
RC
TwEECer R/T, UP40, AODE, ProM30 with 36# injectors,Vortech 10#, BBK 70 TB, Exhaust/Headers, 3.73's, FMS Driveshaft, Fluidyne, Romac,PA Shift Kit, PI Stallion 2800, some chrome and polished goodies

User avatar
cgrey8
Administrator
Posts: 11095
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:54 am
Location: Acworth, Ga (Metro Atlanta)
Contact:

Re: Column Index Missing (error)

Post by cgrey8 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:30 pm

First off, what's the software you are getting this error in? And at what point are you getting the error?
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331 w/GT40p heads, ported Explorer lower, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', GUFB, Moates QuarterHorse tuned using BE&EA

Member V8-Ranger.com

94GTLaserRC
Gear Head
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 7:39 pm
Location: Pembroke Pines, FL
Contact:

Re: Column Index Missing (error)

Post by 94GTLaserRC » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:46 pm

Sorry I thought this was all for BInary Editor (BE).

I forgot one of the times it happened, but for sure it happens on opening the program from the beginning.
Thanks
RC
TwEECer R/T, UP40, AODE, ProM30 with 36# injectors,Vortech 10#, BBK 70 TB, Exhaust/Headers, 3.73's, FMS Driveshaft, Fluidyne, Romac,PA Shift Kit, PI Stallion 2800, some chrome and polished goodies

User avatar
cgrey8
Administrator
Posts: 11095
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:54 am
Location: Acworth, Ga (Metro Atlanta)
Contact:

Re: Column Index Missing (error) in BE

Post by cgrey8 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:53 pm

I updated your original post's title so the title would indicate the software.

I know I've seen that before, but I can't recall what causes that. 86GT is the developer of BE. He should be able to help you out further or suggest things to do/try to get it running.

BTW, what definition file and tune are you using?
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331 w/GT40p heads, ported Explorer lower, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', GUFB, Moates QuarterHorse tuned using BE&EA

Member V8-Ranger.com

94GTLaserRC
Gear Head
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 7:39 pm
Location: Pembroke Pines, FL
Contact:

Re: Column Index Missing (error) in BE

Post by 94GTLaserRC » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:05 pm

Yeah..Im in touch with him.

Using CBAZA

94 Mustang GT with Manual.
Thanks
RC
TwEECer R/T, UP40, AODE, ProM30 with 36# injectors,Vortech 10#, BBK 70 TB, Exhaust/Headers, 3.73's, FMS Driveshaft, Fluidyne, Romac,PA Shift Kit, PI Stallion 2800, some chrome and polished goodies

User avatar
86GT
BE/EA Developer
Posts: 5136
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2003 11:19 pm
Location: Dixon, California
Contact:

Re: Column Index Missing (error) in BE

Post by 86GT » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:37 pm

Usually this error is caused from using an old definition file. What version of the Def file are you loading? You stated that you had all the levels selected which is good.

The def file should be rev 34 for the CBAZA. Rev 35 is in the works and is not yet released so if somehow you have a pre release 35 it will not work on the current release of BE.

If you are using rev 34 then send me the tune that you are trying to load and I will see if i can duplicate the error. Also if you are using Windows Vista I have seen this. If this is the case then make sure to turn off UAC in windows.

94GTLaserRC
Gear Head
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 7:39 pm
Location: Pembroke Pines, FL
Contact:

Re: Column Index Missing (error) in BE

Post by 94GTLaserRC » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:26 am

Sent you the tune.
STrategy is CBAZA Rev 34.

Thanks
RC
TwEECer R/T, UP40, AODE, ProM30 with 36# injectors,Vortech 10#, BBK 70 TB, Exhaust/Headers, 3.73's, FMS Driveshaft, Fluidyne, Romac,PA Shift Kit, PI Stallion 2800, some chrome and polished goodies

User avatar
cgrey8
Administrator
Posts: 11095
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:54 am
Location: Acworth, Ga (Metro Atlanta)
Contact:

Re: Column Index Missing (error) in BE

Post by cgrey8 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:30 am

What about the version of Windows? And if it is Vista, did you disable the UAC?
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331 w/GT40p heads, ported Explorer lower, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', GUFB, Moates QuarterHorse tuned using BE&EA

Member V8-Ranger.com

94GTLaserRC
Gear Head
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 7:39 pm
Location: Pembroke Pines, FL
Contact:

Re: Column Index Missing (error) in BE

Post by 94GTLaserRC » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:28 pm

Wow...I guess I really screwed up on not providing enough info.

It is XP

RC
TwEECer R/T, UP40, AODE, ProM30 with 36# injectors,Vortech 10#, BBK 70 TB, Exhaust/Headers, 3.73's, FMS Driveshaft, Fluidyne, Romac,PA Shift Kit, PI Stallion 2800, some chrome and polished goodies

User avatar
86GT
BE/EA Developer
Posts: 5136
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2003 11:19 pm
Location: Dixon, California
Contact:

Re: Column Index Missing (error) in BE

Post by 86GT » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:46 pm

Ok as soon as you get me added to your MSN messenger I can log in and see what is going on.

User avatar
Beach Mustang
Gear Head
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2003 11:00 am
Location: VaBeach
Contact:

Re: Column Index Missing (error) in BE

Post by Beach Mustang » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:09 pm

Was this issue ever resolved? I am having the same issue on car 2 in signature. The message comes up on start up of BE and when I click on the Tables tab.
It only does this with the PE Definition file loaded and only after I tried to read the binary from the car. I am using PE Rev 9C Def.
Car # 1: 1989 Mustang GT Conv; Tweecer RT, BE/EA, A9L, FRPP E cam crate motor, Twin T3/T4 Turbo's, GT40 intake, 90MMLMAF, 70mm Tbody, 42lbs injectors, 255lph Fuel pump, MSD 6A box and distributer, T56 Trans, BBK X pipe w/cats, flowmaster cat back, 373 Rear end
Car # 2: 1985.5 SVO,Tweecer RT, BE/EA, LA3, 90MMLMAF, 65MM Throttle Body, Water to Air Cooler
Car # 3: 1989 Mustang Coupe; Tweecer RT, BE/EA, AOL3, 98 Cobra Motor and trans, 04 IRS.
http://www.beachmustang.com

User avatar
86GT
BE/EA Developer
Posts: 5136
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2003 11:19 pm
Location: Dixon, California
Contact:

Re: Column Index Missing (error) in BE

Post by 86GT » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:28 pm

Beach Mustang wrote:Was this issue ever resolved? I am having the same issue on car 2 in signature. The message comes up on start up of BE and when I click on the Tables tab.
It only does this with the PE Definition file loaded and only after I tried to read the binary from the car. I am using PE Rev 9C Def.
There are two PE definitions on the net. One is for VAF and the other is for a MAF. Both of these are at rev 10. Try using the def file that is associated withthe tune you have and let me know.

User avatar
Beach Mustang
Gear Head
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2003 11:00 am
Location: VaBeach
Contact:

Re: Column Index Missing (error) in BE

Post by Beach Mustang » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:11 pm

86GT wrote:
Beach Mustang wrote:Was this issue ever resolved? I am having the same issue on car 2 in signature. The message comes up on start up of BE and when I click on the Tables tab.
It only does this with the PE Definition file loaded and only after I tried to read the binary from the car. I am using PE Rev 9C Def.
There are two PE definitions on the net. One is for VAF and the other is for a MAF. Both of these are at rev 10. Try using the def file that is associated withthe tune you have and let me know.
That did it! You the man.
Thanks
Car # 1: 1989 Mustang GT Conv; Tweecer RT, BE/EA, A9L, FRPP E cam crate motor, Twin T3/T4 Turbo's, GT40 intake, 90MMLMAF, 70mm Tbody, 42lbs injectors, 255lph Fuel pump, MSD 6A box and distributer, T56 Trans, BBK X pipe w/cats, flowmaster cat back, 373 Rear end
Car # 2: 1985.5 SVO,Tweecer RT, BE/EA, LA3, 90MMLMAF, 65MM Throttle Body, Water to Air Cooler
Car # 3: 1989 Mustang Coupe; Tweecer RT, BE/EA, AOL3, 98 Cobra Motor and trans, 04 IRS.
http://www.beachmustang.com


User avatar
Beach Mustang
Gear Head
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2003 11:00 am
Location: VaBeach
Contact:

Re: Column Index Missing (error) in BE

Post by Beach Mustang » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:13 am

86GT wrote:
Beach Mustang wrote:Was this issue ever resolved? I am having the same issue on car 2 in signature. The message comes up on start up of BE and when I click on the Tables tab.
It only does this with the PE Definition file loaded and only after I tried to read the binary from the car. I am using PE Rev 9C Def.
There are two PE definitions on the net. One is for VAF and the other is for a MAF. Both of these are at rev 10. Try using the def file that is associated withthe tune you have and let me know.
So if I wanted to convert to a MAF would it be as simple as switching to the MAF definition and BIN, mounting up a MAF, load the tranfer function for that MAF and start tweecing? Is the connector wiring the same? Just curious, might be in my SVO's future?
Car # 1: 1989 Mustang GT Conv; Tweecer RT, BE/EA, A9L, FRPP E cam crate motor, Twin T3/T4 Turbo's, GT40 intake, 90MMLMAF, 70mm Tbody, 42lbs injectors, 255lph Fuel pump, MSD 6A box and distributer, T56 Trans, BBK X pipe w/cats, flowmaster cat back, 373 Rear end
Car # 2: 1985.5 SVO,Tweecer RT, BE/EA, LA3, 90MMLMAF, 65MM Throttle Body, Water to Air Cooler
Car # 3: 1989 Mustang Coupe; Tweecer RT, BE/EA, AOL3, 98 Cobra Motor and trans, 04 IRS.
http://www.beachmustang.com

User avatar
svojohn
BIN Hacker
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:12 pm
Location: Fort Myers, FL

Re: Column Index Missing (error) in BE

Post by svojohn » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:51 pm

Beach Mustang wrote:So if I wanted to convert to a MAF would it be as simple as switching to the MAF definition and BIN, mounting up a MAF, load the tranfer function for that MAF and start tweecing? Is the connector wiring the same? Just curious, might be in my SVO's future?
Yes it's that simple. The connector wiring is not the same, VAF uses 5v and MAF uses 12v. I would run new wires back to the EEC and connect MAF signal (+) to Pin 43. Connect the MAF signal return (-) to Pin 46. Before you install the new wires, twist them together using a drill. This will help filter out noise interference. Connect the MAF 12v (+) to a rely which gets energized by the ignition switch and keeps 12v ignition during cranking of the engine. The 12v feed to the rely gets connected directly to the battery (+). Connect the MAF ground (-) directly to the battery (-) and NOT to the chassis.

User avatar
Beach Mustang
Gear Head
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2003 11:00 am
Location: VaBeach
Contact:

Re: Column Index Missing (error) in BE

Post by Beach Mustang » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:35 pm

svojohn wrote:
Beach Mustang wrote:So if I wanted to convert to a MAF would it be as simple as switching to the MAF definition and BIN, mounting up a MAF, load the tranfer function for that MAF and start tweecing? Is the connector wiring the same? Just curious, might be in my SVO's future?
Yes it's that simple. The connector wiring is not the same, VAF uses 5v and MAF uses 12v. I would run new wires back to the EEC and connect MAF signal (+) to Pin 43. Connect the MAF signal return (-) to Pin 46. Before you install the new wires, twist them together using a drill. This will help filter out noise interference. Connect the MAF 12v (+) to a rely which gets energized by the ignition switch and keeps 12v ignition during cranking of the engine. The 12v feed to the rely gets connected directly to the battery (+). Connect the MAF ground (-) directly to the battery (-) and NOT to the chassis.
Outstanding! Thanks
Car # 1: 1989 Mustang GT Conv; Tweecer RT, BE/EA, A9L, FRPP E cam crate motor, Twin T3/T4 Turbo's, GT40 intake, 90MMLMAF, 70mm Tbody, 42lbs injectors, 255lph Fuel pump, MSD 6A box and distributer, T56 Trans, BBK X pipe w/cats, flowmaster cat back, 373 Rear end
Car # 2: 1985.5 SVO,Tweecer RT, BE/EA, LA3, 90MMLMAF, 65MM Throttle Body, Water to Air Cooler
Car # 3: 1989 Mustang Coupe; Tweecer RT, BE/EA, AOL3, 98 Cobra Motor and trans, 04 IRS.
http://www.beachmustang.com

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests