New guy w/'91 Country Squire

Technical and non-technical chit-chat about whatever. Discuss, trade notes, complain, debate, just keep it civilized.

Moderators: cgrey8, EDS50, Jon 94GT, 2Shaker

LTDAdam
Gear Head

New guy w/'91 Country Squire

Post by LTDAdam » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:16 am

Hi there.
I've been reading the threads on things to know after buying a QH and QH installation. Think I've got a decent base, but definitely need some more education and will be reading up.

I have a '91 LTD Country Squire I'm planning to drop a Trickflow 306 into. My understanding so far is that I'll need an A9P, Quarterhorse, and some mass air bits to start. If anyone has done anything similar and has some common wisdom to share, by all means I'm interested. Otherwise, I'll just ask whenever I can't find the info I'm looking for.

Here's my stable:
'03 Marauder, '91 LTD, '07 Vic with 5-speed

Cheers,
Adam

skunk
Tuning Addict

Re: New guy w/'91 Country Squire

Post by skunk » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:41 pm

Welcome Adam.....nice rides!!!

It all depends on what you want to do. I would start buy finding out what your ECU catch code is. If there is support for it you may not need the A9P or the Mass Air bits......unless that's something you wanted to do anyways.

If there isn't a free strategy file available with BE you can try contacting http://www.coretuning.net/contact and see what they have available. If your planning on using TunerPro........I'm not sure who is making definition files other than Derek (aka sailorbob on this site)

If you do decide the A9P is your direction....no worries your all set with a definition file.

Good luck and keep us posted
John
1987 Turbocoupe.
A3M1/A9L, BE/EA, Tweecer RT.
306,Single Turbo, Ported E7's, Ported Stock Intake, 42lb Matched Green Tops, PMAS 3" Blow-Thru Protube (42# supercharger calibrated),T5z, 3.73 gears
..... Nothin Fancy.......Just something to keep me from the honey-do list.........