BE 2012 build:23 , QH and DataQ unhappy

Errors, Crashes, and Bugs, Oh My! This is where issues specific to tuning software goes. General questions about software features & capabilities are also welcome here.

Moderators: cgrey8, EDS50, Jon 94GT, 2Shaker

fox bodies rule
Regular

BE 2012 build:23 , QH and DataQ unhappy

Post by fox bodies rule » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:37 pm

Old faithful 2012 went corrupt on me. Took backup folder and removed/replaced 2012 with fresh copy. Get error message on bottom in red "can't find Dataq" when trying to datalog; spends 10 seconds trying to log, no data, then quits. Uncheck DataQ (DI-148U) box and can datalog QH no problem. Ran analysis on DataQ, all is good, drivers are correct, com is correct-this was all working before 2012 crashed and setups didn't change. Found old strat and swapped that, no help. I now have all archived BE software, strat, bin, drivers, hardware installed but still same problem as stated above. The ONLY thing I've been able to come up with as a possibility is that when 2012 loads it prompts for permission to talk to BE, click yes, and then it will load- so Is there some kind of update thing going on that I can't see? Updating to latest BE revision is a minimum of a $60 upgrade because BE update requires new DataQ. I found this out when I talked to Clint about why I couldn't run my DataQ and he said that the DI-148U is no longer supported in the 5.xxx update, that's why I want to stay with my old warhorse setup.

Yes this sounds like another thread posted in this forum viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21584 but it turned out that he was trying to run the latest and greatest BE 5.xxx with the DataQ DI-148U which, as I stated above, is no longer supported.

Any of you archiveware guys out there run into/solved this issue?

excuse the old setup info at the bottom of post, it's long gone at this point
'90 hatch, 363, TW 205 11R's, FTI cam, lightning MAF, RPMII, long tubes, QH, EA, BE ...

fox bodies rule
Regular

problem resolved

Post by fox bodies rule » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:19 pm

If you are running a software hardware combo like I am and you "lose" the ability to get BE to recognize your DataQ what you have to do is first run diagnostics for hardware issues. If that checks out go to program manager and your DQ "stuff" on the home page and uninstall ALL dataq files,folders and drivers. Do a complete legacy down load (as if you were installing for the first time) from the DataQ site. Finding it can be a bit of a challange but it's there. Do a complete install from the .exe download. Be sure to grab the com port assigned and match that up in BE hardware configuration and you are good to go. If you are still flumoxed, contact me.
'90 hatch, 363, TW 205 11R's, FTI cam, lightning MAF, RPMII, long tubes, QH, EA, BE ...