wont quit dying

Anything about Ford EEC tuning. TwEECer and Moates questions dominate, but there's some SCT and OBD-II knowledge too.

Moderators: cgrey8, EDS50, Jon 94GT, 2Shaker

MikeP
Gear Head

wont quit dying

Post by MikeP » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:08 am

Now on third ignition module and car wont quit dying, OG ign mod car was fine till customer tried to pick when I was out of town, get back and car was still here, car won't start, hook up meter to test ignition car starts right up no problem, Ign mod is at least 10 years old and already replaced cap, rotor, plugs, wires, coil for tune up, so figure about time for ign mod, get one from FORD install and it starts better than ever it just dies at about 15-20 secs of running every time, and I mean every time you start it like on ques, and won't restart till you cycle the key, the injectors are still firing because sometimes you get a good back fire. So get another FORD ign mod and now it runs for a 1min, then 1 min 15, then 1 min 30, then 1 min 45 ish, but always dies. When I mean it dies, its like the passenger reaches over and turns the key off on you, no sputtering, coughing, just flat out dies, has anyone had any problem like this before??? Will check wiring here in abit
65 Cobra with stock 92 interceptor motor and transmission, has long tube headers and side pipes with mufflers in them, stock MAF with ported Explorer 45 degree neck with deleted egr replaced with machined spacer plate, and large air filter in the gill on the passenger side fender

MikeP
Gear Head

Re: wont quit dying

Post by MikeP » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:08 am

ended up being the pick up in the distributor, had new MSD that's going in another car installed it problem went away
65 Cobra with stock 92 interceptor motor and transmission, has long tube headers and side pipes with mufflers in them, stock MAF with ported Explorer 45 degree neck with deleted egr replaced with machined spacer plate, and large air filter in the gill on the passenger side fender