Rev Limit 0,1, 2 . What is?/How to ?

Anything about Ford EEC tuning. TwEECer and Moates questions dominate, but there's some SCT and OBD-II knowledge too.

Moderators: cgrey8, EDS50, Jon 94GT, 2Shaker

Stang95
Gear Head

Rev Limit 0,1, 2 . What is?/How to ?

Post by Stang95 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:07 am

I'm guessing this can be used as a 2step/launch control when the clutch is pressed (rev limit 0 ) . But there are 2 versions. On or Off.
And then there is 1 and 2. I'm guessing Rev Limit 1 is for while driving.
Rev Limit 2? i dont know.
But then there arethese numbers along with a slider. hmmmm... i dont know what to make of it.

skunk
Tuning Addict

Re: Rev Limit 0,1, 2 . What is?/How to ?

Post by skunk » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:55 am

I'm not familiar with that strategy so I can't explain the different Limiters. Usually you will have a fuel cut and spark cut.

Those numbers don't make alot of sense. When you look at a known value say injector size.....does it appear correct? I ask because TunerPro sometimes requires a minor modification to the XDF header to get bins to align.

Don't worry about the sliders...there just another way to change the values in the box.

John
1987 Turbocoupe.
A3M1/A9L, BE/EA, Tweecer RT.
306,Single Turbo, Ported E7's, Ported Stock Intake, 42lb Matched Green Tops, PMAS 3" Blow-Thru Protube (42# supercharger calibrated),T5z, 3.73 gears
..... Nothin Fancy.......Just something to keep me from the honey-do list.........

Stang95
Gear Head

Post by Stang95 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:16 am

t isn't the official strategy for my A4X3 ECU. It will be the CCAQE strategy but there doesn't seem to be any free bin floating around for it. Just the $25 one for Binary Editor only so i have zero choice but to buy BE . I just don't want to buy over $350 in hardware when there isn't a huge support base for it.

From the picture i showed i am guessing rev limiter number 2 is disable because the slider is so high up.
I am going to guess again by saying i can't hurt anything by just playing with the rev limiters . I'll just see which one is for neutral, which one's for in-gear, and what the other one does.

Fuel-wise .. i see fuel-injector slope. Is this where i enter injector info? 19lb fuel injectors. 'Image

I wonder if it'd be safe to just get a data logger and wideband o2 sensors to just play with the sliders until things make sense. Those are some big numbers that dont make sense though. All i really need right now is ignition timing and fuel adjustments.

skunk
Tuning Addict

Post by skunk » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:32 am

Unless you have the proper strategy file ......don't do anything!!! You can't mix and match! As you can see and I pointed out above.....the bin (tune) file won't align properly. If you start making changes using that XDF you will have a corrupted outcome.

What I don't understand is that you sound like you have a pretty good idea of what you need to do but you don't seem to have a grasp of the basic requirements.

We can only try to help you.....it's up to you to comprehend.

John
1987 Turbocoupe.
A3M1/A9L, BE/EA, Tweecer RT.
306,Single Turbo, Ported E7's, Ported Stock Intake, 42lb Matched Green Tops, PMAS 3" Blow-Thru Protube (42# supercharger calibrated),T5z, 3.73 gears
..... Nothin Fancy.......Just something to keep me from the honey-do list.........

EDS50
Administrator

Post by EDS50 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:59 am

You will be invested into well over $350 by the time you purchase a QuarterHorse, Wideband o2 and licensed strategy and .bin to work with from what you have mentioned. I wouldn't worry too much about rev limiters if you don't know what hardware, software you will be investing in and working with first. You should contact coretuning with your specific combination and requirements and see what they recommend for you.
1992 LX - 25.1c Chassis, Vortech Blown Dart 332, Lentech Trans, TRZ Backhalf, A9L, Moates QH/SL v1.9, BE, EA, TunerView