BE (5.140) Not connecting to TwEECer

Errors, Crashes, and Bugs, Oh My! This is where issues specific to tuning software goes. General questions about software features & capabilities are also welcome here.

Moderators: cgrey8, EDS50, Jon 94GT, 2Shaker

2fast4u
Regular

BE (5.140) Not connecting to TwEECer

Post by 2fast4u » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:42 pm

ok just got the new version of BE (5.140) and cant get it to connect to the TwEECer

I have unziped the drivers in the driver folder, I'm using this operating system...

Windows 10 HOME
Version 1803

I'm no computer tech so be easy on me :oops:

Thanks
88 GT - D.S.S 331 - Holley SysteMAX II upper & lower - 05+ Slot Style MAF - Underdrives - 70mm Throttle Body - Comp Cam XE274HR - MAC LongTubes - 30lbs Injectors - 255lph Fuel Pump - MSD 6AL - 4:10's - 31 Spline -Tremec T-5 -TwEECer RT- BE & ECC Analyzer - A9S

2fast4u
Regular

Re: BE (5.140) Not connecting to TwEECer

Post by 2fast4u » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:02 am

When trying to load the drivers I'm getting an error

"The hash for the file is not present in the specified catalog file. The file is likely corrupt or the victim of tampering"
88 GT - D.S.S 331 - Holley SysteMAX II upper & lower - 05+ Slot Style MAF - Underdrives - 70mm Throttle Body - Comp Cam XE274HR - MAC LongTubes - 30lbs Injectors - 255lph Fuel Pump - MSD 6AL - 4:10's - 31 Spline -Tremec T-5 -TwEECer RT- BE & ECC Analyzer - A9S

cgrey8
Administrator

Post by cgrey8 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:00 am

I'm new to Win10, but I'm aware that programs and drivers now "want" to be signed so they can be determined whether they are trustworthy or not. The TwEECer driver I used to use YEARS ago way predated this, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's giving trouble. And I believe when I upgraded to my new laptop a few months ago that I ran into a similar issue with the Moates QH. However FTDI's latest driver seemed to work just fine with BE even though it wasn't the driver that was specifically made for the QH like the 2.6.0.0 and 2.8.?.? were. As long as it worked, that's all I really cared about, and it did so I didn't think further about it.

But I have to admit, I haven't connected my TwEECer to the new computer to know how it works (or doesn't work). Maybe I should. If I get get a chance and run into anything unusual, I'll report back what I find. Although I don't know when that'll be. I'm not even sure I remember where my TwEECer is. I haven't used it in years. The only reason I kept it around is because it's flash-based and doesn't rely on a battery to maintain its tunes. That was important in the earlier days of the QH when it was burning through coin cells every 2-3 years. But I believe the latest hardware revision fixes all those coin cell issues. The QH is supposed to use KAM (always-on) power from the J3 port when it can and thus should ONLY use the coin cell when the QH is disconnected from the EEC or when the car battery is disconnected, like when it's being replaced. Under those conditions, a quality coin cell should be good for 8-10 years. But that's not really the point of this thread...
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331 w/GT40p heads, ported Explorer lower, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, 1.6RRs, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, Slot Style MAF, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, Innovate LC-1, GUFB, Moates QuarterHorse tuned using BE&EA

Member V8-Ranger.com

FinnCobra
Regular

Post by FinnCobra » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:08 am

Ford Mustang Cobra -94 Mach + Eaton swap in progress. Ford Fiesta ST150
BMW F650GS with Power Commander

2fast4u
Regular

Post by 2fast4u » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:24 am

Thanks guys, by following the video I was sucessfull to get the tweecer to talk with the lap top,

Thanks again!

Cheers!