Forum security certificates need updated

Technical and non-technical chit-chat about whatever. Discuss, trade notes, complain, debate, just keep it civilized.

Moderators: cgrey8, EDS50, Jon 94GT, 2Shaker

motorhead1991
Regular

Forum security certificates need updated

Post by motorhead1991 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:13 am

I keep getting this message every time I change pages on the forum. Just something that needs looked at.
Attachments
IMG_20181121_091118.jpg
IMG_20181121_091118.jpg (80.61 KiB) Viewed 833 times
1990 Ford Ranger FLH2 conversion. Ford forged/dished pistons, Total Seal file-fit rings, Clevite rod and main bearings, Clevite cam bearings, IHI turbo, Siemens Deka 60lb/hr injectors, Ford slot MAF in custom 3" housing. Moates Quarterhorse with Binary Editor, using the PAAD6 database.

OpenEEC Telegram Chat:
Telegram

cgrey8
Administrator

Re: Forum security certificates need updated

Post by cgrey8 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:40 am

Yeah, I added an exception so I don't get nagged. Since I don't have access to the actual server, only the forum interface, I can't do anything about it. But I'll try to let Jon know. For now though the exception seems to work fine for me.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331 w/GT40p heads, ported Explorer lower, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, 1.6RRs, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, Slot Style MAF, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, Innovate LC-1, GUFB, Moates QuarterHorse tuned using BE&EA

Member V8-Ranger.com

Jon 94GT
Site Owner

Post by Jon 94GT » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:11 am

Hey everyone...it's me!

First of all, thanks Chris for the heads up on issues here.

So, the cert needs updating, that is obvious. I have a new cert...but....

I was/am working on a new server as well as a revamp for this site. I was doing this in light of some upcoming personal projects related to mustangs, as well as some long overdue TLC for this site.

Rather than fixing the old site. I decided to let it limp along while I polish up the new machine its going to be hosted on along with the new site hosted on it. So I just wanted to make a note here to let you guys know that things are being worked on, and the new site should be up within about a week.

Hang tight please!
:: Owner and operator of EECTuning.org ::

motorhead1991
Regular

Post by motorhead1991 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:49 pm

Jon 94GT wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:11 am
Hey everyone...it's me!

First of all, thanks Chris for the heads up on issues here.

So, the cert needs updating, that is obvious. I have a new cert...but....

I was/am working on a new server as well as a revamp for this site. I was doing this in light of some upcoming personal projects related to mustangs, as well as some long overdue TLC for this site.

Rather than fixing the old site. I decided to let it limp along while I polish up the new machine its going to be hosted on along with the new site hosted on it. So I just wanted to make a note here to let you guys know that things are being worked on, and the new site should be up within about a week.

Hang tight please!
Makes sense! I would have gone the same route 😁
1990 Ford Ranger FLH2 conversion. Ford forged/dished pistons, Total Seal file-fit rings, Clevite rod and main bearings, Clevite cam bearings, IHI turbo, Siemens Deka 60lb/hr injectors, Ford slot MAF in custom 3" housing. Moates Quarterhorse with Binary Editor, using the PAAD6 database.

OpenEEC Telegram Chat:
Telegram

Jon 94GT
Site Owner

Post by Jon 94GT » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:41 am

Hey guys...another update, since I mentioned changes were coming.

Things are progressing but a bit slower than I anticipated due to work/life constraints...but I want to make sure I make it clear this is coming. At the very latest, I have a couple weeks of vacation I am taking during christmas break where I will have little other obligations...so at the latest, that is when things will switch over.
:: Owner and operator of EECTuning.org ::

tvrfan
Tuning Addict

Post by tvrfan » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:18 pm

Just posting for extra info (which is useful I hope).
I don't know if this is a new problem or part of the original one, so adding it here....

Firefox was working OK on my desktop (Xubuntu 18) until yesterday, but now comes up with ...

--------------------------
eectuning.org uses an invalid security certificate.
Certificates issued by GeoTrust, RapidSSL, Symantec, Thawte, and VeriSign are no longer considered safe because these certificate authorities failed to follow security practices in the past.

Error code: MOZILLA_PKIX_ERROR_ADDITIONAL_POLICY_CONSTRAINT_FAILED
------------------------

site works fine if you add an exception (i.e. manually trust) for the site
TVR, Triumph (cars), kit cars, classics. Ex IT geek, development and databases.

https://github.com/tvrfan/EEC-IV-disassembler

cgrey8
Administrator

Post by cgrey8 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:10 am

I don't know for sure, but my guess is that's a new discovery relating to those certificate authorities. However I don't think it changes anything here. The cert still needs to be updated. This just means the certificate authority that Jon will use can't be any of those newly black-listed certificate providers being they've done something to discredit themselves. I didn't look into any of them to see if they were all outside the US, but if they are, then it's not likely he would've used them anyway on the updated cert.

What's disturbing is that Symantec and VeriSign are on that list. I would've thought those two would have been one of the most credible out there.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331 w/GT40p heads, ported Explorer lower, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, 1.6RRs, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, Slot Style MAF, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, Innovate LC-1, GUFB, Moates QuarterHorse tuned using BE&EA

Member V8-Ranger.com