Functions showing incorrectly for LA3

Errors, Crashes, and Bugs, Oh My! This is where issues specific to tuning software goes. General questions about software features & capabilities are also welcome here.

Moderators: cgrey8, EDS50, 2Shaker, Jon 94GT

Post Reply
Sophosis
Gear Head
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 9:35 pm
Location: North Carolina

Functions showing incorrectly for LA3

Post by Sophosis » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:36 pm

So, it's been a while since I've loaded up my LA3 tune. I loaded today to take a look at some LA3 features I was curious about. At first, I had no functions and tables in the group tree. Odd. Eventually, I cleaned out any remnants of BE I had installed and installed clean and fresh. Now, if i use the LA3 def that comes with BE updates, I get all the tables and functions to show in the tree, but the data showing is WRONG. The air transfer table shows max voltage in all rows at 36.39 lb/min. The spark tables get wild. Both premium ignition table and regular ignition tables show more rows than their supposed to the top 8 rows at max values. To make this odd, all over again, I can load up an older LA3 def that I had from a slightly older BE install. It shows the same things as before, no tables or functions in the sections... scalars only. However, I can go to All Functions or All Tables and find the desired table/function. The data shown from there is correct.

Anyone have an idea what's going on?

Also, if it matters, I'm using a MAF converted binary.

Binary Editor 5.184

User avatar
EDS50
Administrator
Posts: 3740
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:17 am
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Contact:

Re: Functions showing incorrectly for LA3

Post by EDS50 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:54 pm

Have you checked the version of the strategy you are using to see if the database accidentally auto updated it to a version you weren't using before?
1992 LX - 25.1c Chassis, Vortech Blown Dart 332, Lentech Trans, TRZ Backhalf, A9L, Moates QH/SL v1.9, BE, EA, TunerView

Sophosis
Gear Head
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 9:35 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: Functions showing incorrectly for LA3

Post by Sophosis » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:33 pm

I've just been using the LA3 def that BE drops down when it installs/updates. It hasn't ever been a problem until now. I guess once I get things going again, I'll make sure to keep a copy of the working def alongside the eec binary.

I now have four different versions of the LA3 definition that I've been able to scrounge up from past laptop backups and thumb drives.

1) I can't even open the tune. I get an error message: (The file type does not match the PCM type (unknown) for the loaded strategy. The file size is 0xE000).
Owner: John Scheffler
Revision: 8
File size: 187KB

2) Tune loads, but the offsets are wrong. VAF/MAF shows the same values for all rows. Spark looks like part of the correct table but the extra top handful of rows are all max values. There are more things showing wrong like this.
Owner: jeeptech77
Revision: 9
File size: 70KB

3) Tune loads, but the only thing available from the subtree selections is scalars. With Group Scalars/Functions/Tables all selected, I only get the title under each main grouping. There's no subtree to expand under Functions/Tables. If I go to All Functions or All Tables, I can choose the FN or table from the drop down and see each. They look correct, from here. I found this def alongside a BE 5.70 executable.
Owner: John Sheffler
Revision: 9
File size: 75KB

4) This could be the actual same file as #2, but I had it saved from some other location. The details and behavior are the same as #2.

I guess if it works, I can use #3, but it won't be a pleasant experience. I haven't dug into the two loading version of the defs to see what's different between the two yet. It'd be nice if I could try to roll back to another def version if there was a store of them somewhere.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests