fuel pump prime time

Anything about Ford EEC tuning. TwEECer and Moates questions dominate, but there's some SCT and OBD-II knowledge too.

Moderators: cgrey8, EDS50, 2Shaker, Jon 94GT

Keith89
Gear Head

fuel pump prime time

Post by Keith89 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:27 pm

I have a 2004 mustang gt with 2.1kb. The car has a PPRV delete which eliminates hesitation between shifts due to the returnless setup. the problem is fuel drains out of the rails and lines when the car is turned off. I need to key on and off at least twice on cold starts to fill and pressurize the rails.

I've used Binary Editor to tune my car(strategy FBFG2) and am wondering what scalar controls the fuel pump prime time at key on. I was unable to find anything.

cgrey8
Administrator

Re: fuel pump prime time

Post by cgrey8 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:13 am

On the old GUFx strats, a hack was added to the def files to effectively let you adjust this. However it was not an official editable parameter. It was evidently hard-coded to be 1 second.

However since we are modifying data in-place in tunes when using a tool like BE or TunerPro, it doesn't really matter where the data is or what it is in the context of the programming from our perspective. So it edits like any other parameter does. But it had to be added to the def when someone asked for it and someone else with knowledge of the programming found it. Ford's original strategy doc didn't describe it as an editable PID so it was never part of anything official. As a result, it was given the Z_ PID prefix.

My guess is a similar thing will need to be done for your def file.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331 w/GT40p heads, ported Explorer lower, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, 1.6RRs, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, Slot Style MAF, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, Innovate LC-1, GUFB, Moates QuarterHorse tuned using BE&EA

Member V8-Ranger.com